Autopilot install

thumbburn

Took it in the pie hole? You took it in the a-hole!

That's extremely expensive. I was charged for a 2.5 hr install and my marina did a great job. Cable steered boat, raymarine sport pilot, helm unit, control box, flux gate and the master unit all included in the install.

If you needed to convert to hydraulic steering in your price ,then maybe it's within reason?

I installed my Autopilot and I had already had Hydraulic steering. I will say that it is going to be very boat dependent on how long it would take to install. If everything is easily accessable then obviously it would take less time. There also has to be room to place all the needed components. I could see it taking 8 hrs again depending on the layout of the particular boat.

Spike

Momay4000 who did your install?

Pugsleys - did it twice. Once for the original install with all the components, and the second was just the helm steering unit after it was recalled by Raymarine the following year. Granted, I helped out by cutting the hole in the wall for mounting the control head and that part took me about 30 minutes including clean up.

My guess is an install is in the range of 3-5 hours, but I'm not sure if many boat mechanics are charging $150-$200/hour for labor. I don't want to insult anyone or their expertise, so I certainly could be wrong on the hourly labor rate.

Spike makes a very good point above though if your boat layout is tricky. For me, I have an '08 Trophy and the cuddy (where the main unit and fluxgate are mounted) and cockpit wall are one in the same so it was easy to gain access.

I think 1000.00 for an install seems very high to me.

Chris

And when I picked up the boat it had a flat tire..... Had to buy a new tire........ Had three holes in it..... But had zero when I dropped it off..... Frustrating!!!!!... How do some business owners sleep at night? Still waiting for the owner to call me back and justify everything.... Mayb I have a better chance looking for Bigfoot than the answer I'm looking for from him.... All done ranting..... Fishimg season is winding down

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Installed a EV100 on mine took 5-7 hrs with hydraulic steer install as well. Includes custom work in dash etc. Was intimidated with it at first but glad I did it. I figured I saved 1k for install by shop.

technically they did install a new cable so that must have taken at least 4 hours and cant forgot that engineered bracket they made for you... Remember that pile of plastic they screwed together ....at least another 4 hours on that wonderful engineered pile :*  :*  :*  :*  :*

Installed a EV100 on mine took 5-7 hrs with hydraulic steer install as well. Includes custom work in dash etc. Was intimidated with it at first but glad I did it. I figured I saved 1k for install by shop.

I did the same and took around 6 hours. Like mentioned above it is dependant on the boat. Mine was very easy to get at.

Sent from my thinking chair...