Atomik Flies Blew Apart

Question for you guys.  I was using some Atomik flies this weekend out of Olcott.  3/4 had their snelled treble hooks come undone after being hit by shakers.  Is this normal?  I had to tie their trebbles back on so that I could keep fishing because they were the only flies I had on the boat.  I made sure that I wasnt grabbing the knots when unhooking the fish.  The snells just came completely undone. 

On a side note.  The one that stayed intact landed the biggest fish of the day.  But I cant find it listed on the Atomik website.  It kind of looked like a plain mirage fly, but with light purple beads on it.  Anybody know what model this is?

Edited by jigstick

I've never had a knot come undone on one of atommik pre ties tournament tie. Maybe it was the luck of the draw? Age? Double check knots even if they are new. May have been a fluke. Good luck

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I made sure not to grab the snell when removing the hooks. You could clearly see the snell unravelling while the treble was still stuck in the fish. On 2 occasions as soon as I removed the leading single red hook the fly came out of the fish. Leaving the treble still stuck in the jaw. It shouldn't be doing that.

I've never had the knot come undone, but I've had 1 fly leader snap over the past 5 years, and it's probably because the leader had a fray in it. So I am not too concerned about their quality.

If you have a concern, contact Tom Allen and let him know. He's a really good guy.