Ignorant Comments About Killing Tigers

This is my first post on this site.....so I hope the article is attached & readable.....This was on Syracuse com this past week.....These kind of ignorant comments about needlessly killing Tigers sickens & infuriates me! Clearly the person commenting as "Nuge for Potus" doesn't know a thing about tiger musky.....sounds more like a guy that couldn't catch a cold if someone sneezed in his face. But unfortunately I have heard others say similar things about killing musky or pike & I have found dead tigers ...( one time 3 in a small area due to someone killing them) so I know this type of behavior exists. For the record ( which I realize many of u on this site realize already) Tigers feed primarily on Pelagic fish like Alewife....of course they also occasionally eat gamefish like walleye,trout, bass etc but that is NOT their main diet. If any of u witness someone doing this please take note of their boat ID & report it to DEC ASAP. People like me (hopefully "us") spend too much time/$/ effort chasing giant toothy critter to have others purposely destroying their fisheries. Oh & BTW.......I don't believe that guy caught a 50" Tiger anyway.....it was probably more like a 34..... :) :smile:post-159708-0-20024400-1455393942_thumb.jpg

http://www.syracuse.com/outdoors/index.ssf/2016/02/is_there_a_state-record_tiger_muskie_lurking_in_otisco_lake.html#incart_river_index

The comments are absurd and the article is almost as poorly written. I dont even know where to start....welcome tiger stalker! I guide on the lake and much of what i hear is overstated....i have hundreds of days on the water in the last 5 years and i haven't seen any evidence of intentionally wasted fish....i see several released fish that dont make it...but there isnt any obvious intentional damage. We should be vigilant, but lets not get too upset from hearsay...the tigers are doing very well and big fish are getting common.

Edited by justtracytrolling

Maybe this was the same dude that the two guys video, some time ago, knowing that a camera will get him in trouble, acting under an alias lets one act like ass which he has already proved to many including us. Write it off as one seeking attention!!!!

Exactly....doesnt mean im not watching tho!

I totally agree Justin, we also must remember that the O'older gen and there's some out there yet, have this kill'em all attitude I personally know a few of them and I tried to explain they aren't killer whales, just a waist of time. I'm 50 years old so soon there will be more "Fish" educated fisherman than the old ways, yes there will be a hand full of those kind of fisherman but I truly believe the catch and release guys are understanding how long it takes for a fish to get that length, most people really wake up when I tell them that fish your holding is older than you, especially the late teens or younger. There's no cure for this, other than us guys playing fish warden. Maybe then "those" guys might be a little reluctant to get out their Bowie Knife!!