Updated rules Amateur Division Niagara Pro Am

Been that way in Amatuer division as long as I can remember. 18 ft. Min. for safety reasons. Not sure about the open because I never fished it but this year they are bringing the Amatuer division back and combining the old with the new.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Fishtails

Yeah, I hear what you are saying. I think 2011 or 2010 was the last year of the old Am division. I hope they allow it for you. Perhaps you should measure....maybe squeeze 18 out of it ...lol

Ha,I just went out and measured...it's 18ft exactly.to the inch.registered as 17,but measures 18...my 19 year old and I will fish...If,and that's a big if we get in the front four...the officials can figure it out...my money has been collected...biggest challenge is getting him out of bed...lol

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Good luck ! Not sure how they view that, but for docking fee it's actual length. I have a 240, but it actually measures 27 so that is what it's considered and what I have to pay slip fees on. Hopefully they are open minded like that. I am fishing it with my 17 year old son and a 14 year old. Good times !

Ha,I just went out and measured...it's 18ft exactly.to the inch.registered as 17,but measures 18...my 19 year old and I will fish...If,and that's a big if we get in the front four...the officials can figure it out...my money has been collected...biggest challenge is getting him out of bed...lol

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Just get a 1'x2' piece of plywood and duck tape it to the top point of the bow to add another foot. I see many boats that their owners say it's 2' longer than what it actually is because of that tongue on the bow. Lol

Well it didn't work out for me this year unfortunately, tough putting everything together last minute! I will definitely be there next year...... wish everyone the best of luck this weekend.