Spring Brown Trout Fishing In June This Year?

It has snowed 3 days in a row now, and its getting into the mid teens at night. Combine that with wind chills close to zero and it feels more like February. It looks like the water temps will stay low on the eastern shore well into late April at this rate. It seems strange to have such a mild winter, only to be followed up with a cold "spring". Makes me wonder how it will affect fishing Lake Ontario and the smaller inland lakes.

I don't think there will be a drastic effect on the spring bite.  Right now, the lake-wide average surface temp is 40.06*F, and the average for this DOY is 38.43* (see link below).  I'm hopeful that the overall mild winter gave the fishery a much-needed break after the past two.

I am not a biologist or weatherman (not sure if that helps or hurts my credibility).

http://www.glerl.noaa.gov/res/glcfs/glcfs.php?lake=o&ext=swt&type=N&hr=00

Chris

There has been some great fishing reports already this year, and I think that is a good indication of how things will continue. The fish and wildlife should all benefit from this mild winter. I expect a better season than last year.

My only prediction for this fishing season is that it will be unpredictable :)

There has been some great fishing reports already this year, and I think that is a good indication of how things will continue. The fish and wildlife should all benefit from this mild winter. I expect a better season than last year.

My only prediction for this fishing season is that it will be unpredictable :)

Agreed, seen it already!