downriggers and cowbells

Buying a couple of cowbells.Thinking about attaching them directly to the downrigger ball.Any ideas.Never ran them before.Kind of worry about them tangling up my fishing line.Was also thinking about running them on my third downrigger without a rod attached to that rigger.

Why?

Dodgers flies work just as good for lakers and you can run them faster than cowbells and cover more water.

I don't think attaching them to your rigger balls will do anything but create a big headache. I run my dodger files 10 ft back on cayuga.

Just for s#$%s and giggles I ran a doger off the balls once and it did absolutely nothing.

RR

Cowbells on LO yes. Fingerlakes they work but dodger flies work better on the FL's. You have to remember that it is very difficult to keep stuff right on the bottom especially on Cayuga. The depth changes too quickly, you are either off bottom or hung up. Cowbells need to be run right on the bottom.

I target the suspended lakers, its much eaiser than trying to run a bottom program.

You can do that on LO because you have a conistant depth and keep the rigs in the strike zone.

just my experience, i have run cowbells hooked directly to the ball, but i took a scotty release and snapped to the trailing swivel on the bells, ran a spoon 2 to 6 feet behind. caught several lakers doing this, but flasher fly is alot easeir and and i have a better selection of colors to run. also have caught fish running a bare flasher off the ball with a spoon stacked 3 feet above.morel of the story... put it in there face and if there hungry they will bite.

Tim Bromund can back up my statement. I have been running verticle attractor rigs for 4 years ( my own version ). They are on my cables 95% of the time.