running spin n glo cowbells with fixed slider

I'm new to the cowbells for Lakers got some from Gambler and wondering I run them close to bottom can you do a fixed slider above it with a spoon or just use the cowbell spin n glo rigs ?????

No cheaters on Cowbells.  It's a tangled mess.....trust me.........I know the hard way!  

Northport Nailers are excellent spoons that can be run off another rigger at cowbell's speed and will catch other species.  Their spoons are really great and hardly anyone runs them.

• 2 months later...

X2 on the tangles, Had a buddy insist that we needed more lines in the water and ran stackers on his boat with cowbells below, not only did we have a bad tangle on one side but lost the fish and cowbell set up on the other side. It was all of 30 minutes old as he had opened the brand new package and dropped it for the first and last time. Needless to say we/he never runs stackers or cheaters above cowbells.

If the fish are active you will not need them, usually two rods will keep you plenty busy

I used to run a stacked rod above  cowbells usually for rainbows while targeting lakers on the cowbells so I kept the stacked rod with just a spoon quite aways above the cowbell setup and no tangles.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe on Lake O but I've caught quite a few nice rainbows with small spoons on the Finger Lakes 30 ft up from the cowbells despite the difference in speed. It was mainly during derbies not routine as that is the only time I specifically target lakers anyway.