We've been out the last few weekends and the kings are starting to show up in numbers. Last weekend they were in 75 - 135 fow 75 to 130 ft down. Both spoons and board/flies have been doing them, depends on the day. Billy V has been doing quite well lately off of Fair Haven.

Good luck!

smoke 'em today off rochester kings and steelhead even 1 coho. Best day on the water so far this year number wise. Talked with reliable captains up and down the south shore today (off other ports) and got scattered reports mostly slow to o.kay. seems the 90-225 ranch has been the must promising off other ports. All reports seem the same that the fish are coming deep -- mustly 70' and deeper.

good luck and if you are off rochester give me a shout.

We fish out of Port Bay and usually work west. The last few weekends they have been coming all throughout the water column: we've taken fish on the riggers 30 ft down all the way to 140 ft of cable out, Wires from 85 out to 320 ft out all on a #2 setting, and we've taken a few off the surface with spoons and a few split shots. We haven't had any banner days yet, but then again we're only running 4 rods and with the fish so scattered we're happy to put some slime in the boat, namely 2 to 5 fish for us per trip. May get out tomorrow (Sunday) weather depending otherwise we won't be out until next weekend.

Sounds good and good luck! We've been having trouble with our radio - we can send but can't receive. You can try us though on chnnel 12, 18, or 68, our handle is Finders Keepers. We'll be out this morning looking to top Billy V's 25 lb'er he got yesterday. I think we will work east for a change and try his waters. 8)

In the morning we worked 90 to 225 ft of water a little west of port bay. went 3 for 4. 2 kings and a stealhead. all fish came on our wires 300 ft out for the kings and 180 out for the stealhead All fish were Nothing of any good size. all fish were caught in 150-175 fow. After lunch attempted to fish east but the weather turned so we called it a day. Will be out again next weekend.

We ended up not making it out (dad sprung a migrane). :x So, hopefully we can get out on Friday/Sat/Sun this weekend before I head out west to chase down tornadoes for a couple weeks! :devil:

There are some decent fish being caught in the area - it sure would be nice to get out and try to find some of them!!

Mark,

fishing has been HOTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! off rochester alot of nice steelhead ...upto 15 pounds, kings good one day slow the next but are here, even a few coho hanging around.

get that boat out!

I will give Mr. Bubbles a copy of all my divorce reciepts and maybe change his mind so you can go fishing. LOL

tell Bill I said congrats.

Call me and I will give you the low down for rochester.