The "mountain" is sometimes called "the wall". I always call it the mountain just because I call the shipping lanes troll the wall.

Anyway if you take the 120 or 130 contour from the lighthouse it will take you along the mountain and if you stay on it you will eventually end up at the finger. I should add there usually is some major currents at the tip of the finger

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

bfef45f744b1521ded5d0f545d238391_thumb.j

Here is a better picture of the mountain or the wall as some call it. It's a great spot to run tight on the break with spoons on the riggers for Brown Trout.

Hi starcrafloaded,

Is that wall dangerous like the wall in shipping line to snag the downrigger ball? I hope to get there soon, it seems that the weather can't give me 2 or 3 days with good conditions. We're in the second week of august, is the kings going to begin stagging soon?

It comes up really fast, especially if you are tight in 80-90' of water. You can see in above picture how close the contour lines run. Just be careful and pay attention. When the kings start staging they will be tight but you can do fine off the break and not be so nervous.

One thing though please pay attention to other boats and try not to pinch someone on the inside as if they are running wire dipsys there isn't time to clear everything. I have been pinched in and locked up a few balls.

there also is a hump in the 140' of water a little ways off the mountain that goes to 107' and then drops back down. It doesn't show on the updated map and isn't that big but can really surprise you. I have it marked so I raise my riggers at the last second if I'm running any below 105' of water. Most times I don't worry about the dipsys, I usually run them 100' or higher.

One more thing I'd like to point out is running copper. It really works but in my opinion isn't something to run when combat fishing. People are not expecting it and will turn Behind you causing a disaster. I love copper but only deploy when Ive found a pod of my own fish with no boats around. When the trench heats up and there is a ton of boats I sometimes elect not to even run my dipsys if I don't need to, but this is just my opinion.

It comes up really fast, especially if you are tight in 80-90' of water. You can see in above picture how close the contour lines run. Just be careful and pay attention. When the kings start staging they will be tight but you can do fine off the break and not be so nervous.

One thing though please pay attention to other boats and try not to pinch someone on the inside as if they are running wire dipsys there isn't time to clear everything. I have been pinched in and locked up a few balls.

there also is a hump in the 140' of water a little ways off the mountain that goes to 107' and then drops back down. It doesn't show on the updated map and isn't that big but can really surprise you. I have it marked so I raise my riggers at the last second if I'm running any below 105' of water. Most times I don't worry about the dipsys, I usually run them 100' or higher.

One more thing I'd like to point out is running copper. It really works but in my opinion isn't something to run when combat fishing. People are not expecting it and will turn Behind you causing a disaster. I love copper but only deploy when Ive found a pod of my own fish with no boats around. When the trench heats up and there is a ton of boats I sometimes elect not to even run my dipsys if I don't need to, but this is just my opinion.

I don't run copper neither leadcore, I fish alone or with my girlfriend so two riggers and two dipsys is enough for me. Talking about browns, will it be good in the next two months or so?

Crest liner 1850,

Sorry, forgot to answer your 2nd question. With all the winds the temperature has been unstable and the salmon have seeked stable water, I'm guessing they moved out into 300+ feet of water to find the stability. The lake is setting up, I've been talking with some of my friends that have fished last few days and the temp should be down around 100' if not already. If the wind holds we will have the first wave of kings in any day. Actually I fished Sunday and slowed up near the pill boxes and couldn't believe my screen. I had to set up even though that wasn't my plan. They were definitely King salmon. We had one rip but didn't connect. I ran a high pattern avoiding lake trout but we did get a few over 30" fish. I think some are coming in the trench late afternoon and bailing back out an hour or so after sunrise.I'm guessing there is pods of fish now in the NW corner off of Calf island spit and off the finger midday

b3cb20b2dfa2f5aae3778994b1117c80_thumb.j

A friend of mine got this one today, as you can see it is changing color. The other thing I noticed is the mud in its belly, this fish was laying on bottom recently at some point. It's a bad picture, looks like a smaller fish but it weighed 26lbs, that's what he told me anyway,it was a foot longer than the motor cover

Its a blood bath everyrime i get a chance to fish up here lately........hint.....slow down and spend some moneybto change your spreads a bit. The bite is evolving

Sent from my SM-G900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That is a loaded cooler! I got my time off and should be there for 3 to 4 days next week. I hope that the winds cooperates.

Its a blood bath everyrime i get a chance to fish up here lately........hint.....slow down and spend some moneybto change your spreads a bit. The bite is evolving

Wow someone's doing something right! Share the love, where'd you find those guys! Nice catch for sure

if the rain looks like its going to hold off, i'll probably get out there again tomorrow morning.  I doubt this blow today is going to do much to the temps.

went out from 6-830 last night, trolled mid trench-south with no luck.  haven't been fishing deep trying to avoid the lakers, but may have to drop a few in the cold water deep and see what happens.  temps are pretty well set up still down around 100-110 over 140-160 fow and crazy marks everywhere I went.

Edited by CK3080

Fished last night started out front of the plant no marks decided to pack it up and head up west of the mountain deployed rigs in 150 -170 fow still no marks packed up moved in more east where I been getting some lakers so I put the cowbells on to only start marking fish 60 to 80 down in 125 fow so by time I switched back to my salmon rigs it was 730 an I had a long haul back to Mexico so I didn't have much time to make my passes and an get a rod to fire.. Better luck next time but them marks were way up high out of cold water....

Ok so in about 2 weeks I am supposed to be up for about a week. I will be launching and staying at bedford creek marina and campground. I will be launching my 25 foot hydrosports walkaround from there. My question does anyone on here know if the channel still is deep enough for me. I have stayed there before and know that the channel is rather difficult to begin with. I am looking for people that have first hand up to date info of this channel. I spoke to the owner of the marina today which told me that a 30 footer was unable to get through. With the current water levels I am concerned. He told me to speak to fleetwood I believe on this forum but can't find him or how to pm people. Any help would be greatly appreciated.