Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DreamWeaver

2nd attempt Jul 8-11 at Scotch Bonnet Ile., Area ?

Heading out to the Kingston Area (July 8-11, 2016) and will make a 2nd attempt to hook-up with a Chinook,
last time (1st attempt June 2014, late migration due to water temp) fished out by Scotch Bonnet Ile.,
should I try the the same area ?  

Edited by Xcalibur

Contact Al VanDusen on Spoonpullers he can tell you if the bonnet is happening. With the strong currents there it is here-today-gone-tomorrow there I believe

I'll be there from jul 3-9. Plan on fishing the bonnet area for sure. Hopefully it's a good year. The spring bite was much better than last year it seems in the west so that makes me optimistic.

From what I learned in 2014 water temperature plays on big part, and now I am also learning the current will also influence the migration.

Will be arriving Kingston Friday around noon, and will try and get out on the water

- (Scotch Bonnet) area Saturday and/or Sunday morning.

- Any updates on the fishing ?

- Where is a good place to buy spoons (ie; Michael Jackson) ?

Thanks, it is right beside the launch I was intending on using. 

Edited by Xcalibur

So far the wind has kept us off the lake, hoping to get out Monday morning (winds SSE 7-11 kmh).  Anybody manage to get out around the Scotch Bonnet area in the past couple of days ?

It was a beautiful day on lake Ontario yesterday, Monday July 11/16, we managed to get a 3 hr window of fishing near Scotch Bonnet before having to return to Montreal.  My 11 year old nephew caught a beautiful 4 lb rainbow on a mooching rod. Before leaving Wellington stopped in and spend a few $$ on some of the hot lures for the next time.