Fleas and wire breaks

We lost both of our dipsy/snubber/flasher+fly rigs to wire breaks yesterday. We got into the lakers pretty good but had tough time at the boat when the tip would fowl with fleas , we tried pulling the mess down the line, reeling a bit more and repeating, but finally ended up shaking the rod some to free up the wire. After 5 such incidents the wire parted on both rods with good fish on. I must admit that on one rod I noticed a couple tiny kinks and I did cut this line out and retied to the snap. Now I have to get new dipsies, snubbers and spindctrs- but worse is the lurking thought that this will happen again if I do not figure out what is going on. Both rods are Okuma blue diamond roller guide- the wire is 30# Malin braid. Both of these rigs had brought in numerous good lakers on previous trips.

NOTICE TO EVERYONE,couple years back i took this really old guy fishing(WW -4 he he) and he told me a broke off fish with a spinny will fight its self to death and float to the surface,well 1/2 hr after loosing one we see a seagull dining on a fish drive over and there is my king still sorta kicking with my spinny so we got the fish and spinny back .sence then ive swerved next to many floaters and retrevied gear give ya something to do waiting for that next monster to break yours off...P.S. if its white or grey and bloated ya might be a redneck if you keep the fish.(or from lyntuckey skippy-19)and enter it in for your HOT waypoint.........

Nice goin' Ray....now ya let out my secret about the fertilizer fer the gardin :roll: Don't tell nobody else... cause the FDA still don't know where the tainted termaters is a comin from....SALMON...ELLA :shock: OMG :$ ....SHOOT...here they come..I'm outta here :arrow:

Nice goin' Ray....now ya let out my secret about the fertilizer fer the gardin :roll: Don't tell nobody else... cause the FDA still don't know where the tainted termaters is a comin from....SALMON...ELLA :shock: OMG :$ ....SHOOT...here they come..I'm outta here :arrow:

Now that is funny!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Spike