Jump to content

Recommended Posts

If your just fishing canadian waters and not making landfall you just need to call in to the can pass number and let canadian customs know you'll be in their waters. You do not need to notify anyone that your returning to us waters when you do. Passport not required but all on board should have valid id.

passport is required now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just called can pass as your response had me curious. A passport is not required but is an acceptable form of id. Also acceptable is an enhanced drivers license or having both your drivers licence and birth certificate in combination.


Interesting, the first time we called this year they asked for passport numbers for all on board. Obviously an enhanced license works too but it came across to me like you needed one or the other whereas last season I was under the impression you didn't need either to fish Canadian waters unless you planned on making land. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...