pap

Lowrance downloads

Lowrance downloads

Well got a question for you guys that have the early modles of the elite7 HDI units. I have been following the Navionics updates as they send like, updates So you at least you know about those them, but I'm a little frustrated with Lowrance's you bought its your puppy now!! attitude. Do any of you guys know of a one shot and done update for the unit itself? Or must I update this so I can up date that so forth? Looking for some help with this. All the other dilemmas I encountered the last few years, I neglected my sonar. Looking for some help with this guys!! Thanks PAP.

Mike - I was having a problem with my unit awhile back so I went into the menus and restored back to the factory default settings and then installed the latest Lowrance update over that and it corrected the situation.  I think it is best to do it that way in case the existing software is already corrupted.

Edited by Sk8man

Yes I think your right Les, my screen was so messed up from me trying to get it to do what I wanted, so I didn't know who was more bound up me or the depth finder LOL. Now I have it back to factory setting, and I ran like that. So do I go on to Lowrance's website and go to the most recent DL or how do I know, does the lowrance site walk you through it??. I know if I ask my 12 year olds they would instantly, what to do. But I need the guidance to the source of the repair!! Thanks Les  :handshake:

Thanks Wallyandre, you beat me to the finish line!! I was instructed to pm you, as your the man with the plan!! This is exactly what I needed, I just didn't know where to start, I think I'm going to purchase a power cord so I can hook a battery and make sure I got things right. I appreciate your help!! Thank you very much!!!

11 minutes ago, Prof T said:

Wallyandre to the rescue. Great to have this resource available to us. Any news on the mapping front for Gen 2's?

For now the answer is no for the Gen-2 but I saw a excellent deal on a 7" Gen-3: $695 shipping included

1 hour ago, pap said:

Thanks Wallyandre, you beat me to the finish line!! I was instructed to pm you, as your the man with the plan!! This is exactly what I needed, I just didn't know where to start, I think I'm going to purchase a power cord so I can hook a battery and make sure I got things right. I appreciate your help!! Thank you very much!!!

Thank you!