Got on the water late today due to a late night last night, but had lines in the water at 7:30 am. Started in 80 fow slightly west of Port Bay and were out to 100 fow water by the time I had all the lines set with the 15kt south wind. Started to work our way out and the 82 ft rigger fires over 140 fow. The fish quickly surfaced then headed for Canada ripping line! Just then the 300' wire starts rippin' line and were doubled up on screamers! Netted mine solo first, a 21 lb beauty king:

7-26-0821lbKing.jpg

Then I netted the one my dad fought, a 15 lb king (plus a 2 lb lamprey):

7-26-08Dad15lbKing.jpg

What a great way to start the day! Both fish swam away to fight another day, the lamprey didn't make it. Rigger fish came on a white echip/white fly 15' behind the ball down 82/140 fow, the wire fish came on a dalmation spin doc/hammer fly 300' back on a 2.5 setting, sfc speed was 2.7 kts. By that time we were out over 170 fow so we worked our way back in to 100 fow without a release. So we headed back out and the 72' rigger fired over 130 fow. Landed a nice 8 lb king that devoured the fly, so we had to keep that one (tasted great off the grill tonight!). That one came on a NBK echip/TG fly, down 72/130 fow, back 15' from the ball, sfc speed 2.5 kts. We narrowed our range to 120 to 150 fow but only managed one release with nobody home and one more king before we called it quits at 11 am. It nailed a green echip/green fly out 260' on the wire on a 2.5 setting, sfc speed was 2.5, and ran out over 400 ft of wire! That reel was smokin'!! :P 25 minutes later we landed this beautiful 28 lb king:

7-26-0828lbKing1.jpg

This one also swam away to fight another day. A great day on the water and some nice fish brought to the net! It definitely seemed like a dodger/fly day, as I ran cheaters and sliders without a touch. Not sure when we'll be back out - good luck to all those who get out! We're looking forward to the Fair Haven Challenge!

Hi Hank - It felt a little chilly in the AM, but then warmed up quickly. Now I am wishing we had gotten out earlier! I also failed to mention that the screen looked very good all morning with suspeded pods of bait and many fish marked all between 50-80 ft down over 120 to 160 fow. I love fishing those conditions when the fish aren't 100+ ft down, especially since we have manual riggers! I think I counted 7 other boats in sight while we were out, but no one in our general vicinity.