Any of you experienced with out of state hunts?

If you had to choose would you hunt bear in Maine or Prong Horn out west?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. If you had to choose would you hunt bear in Maine or Prong Horn out west?

• Prong Horn - west
    • Bear - Maine

Yankee,

I have heard a lot of horror stories about bear hunting in Maine. I know a lot of guys that have hunted Maine for bears and they see few if any bears and they are usually on the small side. I would go for the pronghorn hunt myself. If you don't have an outfitter in mind, use a booking agent like Bullseye Outfitters and let them put you in contact with a reputable outfitter. I booked a few hunts with them and have never been dissappointed. Good luck! www.bullseyeoutfitters.com

Brian(Goin Deep)

Good stuff guys! The other factor is 1k for a full Bear mount vs half of that to mount the Antelope.

Goin Deep - I have heard both sides of the story as far as Maine Bear are concerned, but more towards the worse than better side.

Common Name:

Pronghorn

Scientific Name:

Antilocapra americana

Favorite Hobby:

Racing cars

Pronghorns will flare out the white hairs on their rump when alarmed.

This serves as a warning to the other members of the herd. Kinda like Ray does when he see's musky Bob walking towards him with a case of cold ones.. :shock:

Yankee,

Make sure when you do that elk hunt that you can do it more. It gets in your blood. Leaving for my third trip middle of Sept. When they say it's 10X more exciting than turkey hunting they are being conservative!! I've never hunted pronghorn but out west is assume!!

Jeff