Doing something wrong on cayuga

Doing something wrong on cayuga

I'm still fairly new to trolling and am struggling a bit. I have been fishing south of Taughannock the past couple weekends, with only 1 small laker caught last week saturday and not a rod moved today, fishing both about 5 hours each day. Any thoughts on my set up or technique would be greatly appreciated...

I am targeting both LLs and Lakers, pretty much anything that bites. I run two downriggers with cheaters, so 4 spoons total with flouro leaders on each pole. I primarily use spoons. One rigger set to 70 and the other 40, with speeds 2.0 to 2.3 on the gps. Tried trolling both north and south. I used all colors of spoons, blue, pink, purple, orange etc. Couldn't get a rod to move

Last year it seemed like I had better luck. I was thinking of trying some spin and glows to switch it up. I just want to make sure I'm not way off track with this.

Thank you!

These guys are right about location to a point the northern part of the lake has been fishing better however I wouldn't write off t falls as we have been doing well out of there we have had to work to figure them out but they are there. 3 things to think about. SPEED, LURE PRESENTATIONS, DEPTH. (Both foot of water you fishing over and depth down to lures) this has been different almost every time out you've just got to be willing to keep changing til you find what's working that day and stick with it

I run no less than 30' of the ball most of the time I go 50' it depends on how deep you are Fishing and I would go faster it trying to get LL 2.5_ 2.8 gps but Laker like it slower if you are only running two riggers do a lot of  fast turning and I would troll North as well