Oak 7/26/17

Greetings,

Launched at the ramp next to Black North Inn at 6:20am on 7/26/17.  Headed straight North set up in 150fow.  Blank screen was the name of my game BUT when I hit 500fow the riggers at 90,80,70,60 began to hit, two times almost doubles (back to back), circled that area for 4 hours and had a nice steady bite of kings for the first hour we were there,in the 10-15 pound range (my estimate,no scale on board) and some screaming steelheads. The steady breeze we had died and so did the bite (for me).  Back in at 2:30.  Give it another shot in the morning. Great fun for about an hour, 4 kings and 3 steelhead.  In 500fow temp was 45deg down 90, surface at 70deg.

Yep, with the roll over you were in the warm water bubble offshore of the Oak. May be the best spot in the whole lake right now if you look at the water temp charts

9 hours ago, turks said:

Nice job and report, how were the fleas?

Fleas were bad but I've seen worse.  Got out from 6am-11:30am on 7/27/17. Got soaked.  Lots of bait and fish from 150- 190fow, never went past 190.  Picked up a beautiful king, down 60 in 160fow.  Wife got it all the way into the net when I hooked the net and yanked that spoon right out of its mouth.

at 170fow the surface temp was 66deg and down 90 it was 49deg.

Quick stuff at you fingertips go to Olcottfishing.com. Find the surface currents icon near top and click on it. Go to upper left nowcast scroll and find temp transects for Lake Ontario. That page gives you the slice on water stratification and the surface temp in bottom corner