Driver question

I had a diver question. I was think about changing my divers. Currently I'm running dipsies. The issue I'm having is that they don't seem to be going to the side very much. Even on 2.5 they seem to be more straight back than to the side. I was thinking about slide divers or Chinook divers. Does anyone have a preference with the divers ? Does any of them pull away from the boat more than another ? I run an 18' Stectum sport if that matters. Thanks for any help

Unrelated to the divers. Did anyone do anything in that mess yesterday ? Got a couple nice Steelhead before we got blown off the lake

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I run the 124 mm  Deeper Divers too and often run two per side on my 18 1/2 ft boat. I set the closest in to 1  (to stay away from my riggers) and the outside ones to 2 1/2 or 3 and they seem to run fine in terms of outward and separation between them. I seldom run smaller divers than them any longer because of the increased depth range of them.Trolling speed is always a consideration as are severe turns:lol:

Edited by Sk8man

Here's an old post showing how your divers are running further away than they appear

Tim Bromund   

• Tim Bromund
  •  
  • 3,667 posts
  • Home Port
    Olcott, NY
  • Boat Name
    FishStyx
LOU_pro.png.3b4917aa153a9deeb90a52ae73425a32.png

Divers are farther away from the boat than they appear. There is a belly in the line that makes it look like they are almost straight behind the boat, but back a little ways it flares out and the the diver is actually quite a bit further to the side than you might think.

it looks something like this:

diverLayout.jpg

Tim

Back in the Game :)

Salad is what FOOD Eats !!

lake-ontario-member2.gif

Any divers' tow line will look like it's going almost straight back. The fact that fish on riggers can release clean behind the boat without fouling the inside mag diver on a "1" is evidence that they're going further to the side than you may be thinking.

If you were to draw an imaginary vertical line down the middle of the capital letter "J" separating the left half of the J's hook, the taller right half would be very similar to the line path of a port side diver viewed from above. The upper end is what we see standing in the back of the boat, but the diver is at the lower end where it curves away from the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United