Spring Trip

J-Lopez

Want to hit the lake in April I usually fish east end but my wife wants to pick a weekend now to put in for time off. I hate to do it and have 6 footers and not be able to fish. I fished Niagara river for the first time in December. It’s twice the drive but I was thinking if the Bar was rough the river would be fishable. Want to target Browns but really just want to get the wife on Fish and if I’m not mistaken there are kings there in the spring. Thanks for any input.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 1 month later...

I’m thinking of making a day trip Thursday to Pulaski area, if my boat is back. How important is it to be on the water early. I assume as the day warms up so would the water, or does that not matter? I would like to head out early but may have a daycare issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

This early in the season later day can be better especially if sunny as the sun warms the stained water faster making for better temp breaks. That said boat traffic has the opposite effect pushing browns deeper and often into clearer water so as the season gets going and more folks get out that becomes a consideration. Still as someone often stuck fishing later any time you can get out is worth it

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

For now looks of it I’ll be on the water around 9 until 4 or 5. (7 hrs on the road for 8hrs of fishing) Unless It gets real wet. Thinking Mexico point and troll SW. I think that’s where the wind is out of.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United