First report with the United forum.

Read in the Bath reports some questions about the bonnet area and lakers.  I fished the holiday Monday with 4 guys on board.  We only ran a 6 rod spread due to multiple double and triple headers.  4 of the lakers were pushing the 20 lb mark.  All others in low mid teens.  Think we landed 10-12.  One lad lost 3 or 4 himself.  Really struggled with the Islander mooching setup.  I told him I would have thrown him off the boat if he lost that many salmon.  we also lost one with a treble breaking.  Could have been bent,  I let the rookie s take over the rods to learn and figure it out.

Setup: 2- 5 colour lead outside boards.  A 100ft copper and 75ft copper inside boards.  2 mooching outfits on riggers 40 and 30 down approximately.

Ran spoons.  

Fished multiple shoals.  Mcfaul, Palen, bonnet all gave up fish.

...Sorry guys not giving up colors 

Hope to get out again, but waiting/wanting for silver fish to show up

Thanks for the update . It’s nice to hear giving there aren’t tons of people that go out in the area (i launch from home in Brighton or make the trek to Wellington ) finally have this weekend free to get out . If you don’t mind me asking what speed seemed to be working?

I dont run a probe. +/- 2.5mph boat speed. I really should save for a fishhawk. Lots of currents on the shoals. I kinda judge by rigger blowback. Not the best way but it works. I know some spots now where trolling north or south will get hits and east or west your just washing lures

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

• 9 months later...