Trail Cam STOLEN!

Well, we put one of ours on a real nice rub line and come back a week later to find it GONE! Boy were we pizzed! It would have been a great set of pics to see as these group of trees were getting pounded.

Oh well! Some sorry scumbag must have needed it more than I did. What goes around comes around!

A few years ago, I didn't have a camera stolen, but someone took the film out and left the camera at the base of the tree...

I figure it must have been someone I would have recognized in the picture and they obviously didn't want me to know they were on my property..

It ticked me off, but at the end of the day, I still had my camera...

Man - that's absolutely terrible. My guess is most people who see the digital cameras, steal them b/c their picture is taken. Nonetheless, that's a real bummer...and I'm sorry to hear that.

No matter how "tight" you post your land, people still think they can walk on it anytime they want. I have 55 acres in Wolcott and despite me posting it with 200 posted signs - to the extreme that some signs are only 25 feet apart, I still had a knucklehead in there last week, four wheeler and all....

- Chris

It is really sad that few people have enough respect to leave other peoples property alone. I hope that whoever took your camera Yankee gets their just reward sooner than later!!! I like the idea of trying to get a picture of whoever took it. Hopefully no one else bothers any more of your stuff. As for me, I respect landowner's wishes and stay off property unless permission is granted. The world would be a better place if we all respected other people and their things.

Jeff

Yankee,

We have 6 cameras up at our property. 2 are the old style with the 35mm film and 4 have the card. The 2 cameras with the 35mm were on two seperate log roads and both camers the film was taken out. What we found out by our neighbor is there has been an exceptional amount of 4 wheel traffic running the properties and they probably ran my logging road and got the picture taken. We added some dummy cameras that will flash and some and cameras we set on video to see if we can catch the punks.

Howie

ive got a bunch of cameras for sale ,keep finding em straped to trees in the woods ,lots of them in cameron, ill keep my ears open at the local hangouts (last lap) maybe someone will slip up>

Dude! I'm right down the road from the last lap! I don't know how anyone can go in there! How do you know the area?

Brings back the question of what was that photo really of earlier on the camera - bear or coon?? or Ray..................................? :shock: Seriously though, too much of this kinda crap goin on out there with stands, cameras, etc stolen. I've actually had a stand stolen by someone who had to bring their own steps and bolt cutters to steal a $50.00 tree stand! The DEC receives 1000's of complaint calls about this every year and not much they can do about it. Don't let that deter you from reporting it to them though, cause they need to be aware of what's goin on in specific locations and just giving them a "heads up" can't hurt. Might wanna keep and eye out for ebay sales!

Hope everyone has a SAFE and successful hunting season!

Shawn

I went out for my opining day bow hunt this evening to hunt a nice rub line I came across a few weeks ago put a stand up on our very tightly posted land last weekend only to return an have to hunt on the ground. Brand new stand never even got to sit down in it. 150 bucks out the window. Guy must have relly needed it , it was a ladder stand locked to the tree and all three pieces locked together with cable locks. he was nice enough to leave me the cut locks and a battery powered dremal tool at the base of my tree.

what more can you say but SCUMBAGS!!!!!! I thought us hunters stuck together but I guess there will always be a couple of losers out there.

To the piece of crap that took my stand, I hope you fall and break your neck !!!!!!!