South Shore (Olcott) Tuesday

Weather looks good to come up Tuesday afternoon.  Do those of you with years of experience believe the Lake will be fishable so soon after this blow?  Muddy inshore from rain?  Just looking for ideas, called it a year after last week, but can’t convince myself to stay away since fishing was so good.

Thanks for your help

In my opinion, you can still find a decent amount of fish anywhere 350-500 depending this time of year.   I am guessing inshore will be hit or miss.   I will be running charters until October, and will hit depth a lot of the time, and will stay in tight when the lake has been calm and the column and current are more predictable. 

Might as well save bandwidth and post report here. Went east out of piers about 3 miles. Setup in 130 just to see what was up. South west troll and graph showed nice marks between 100-110. Riding high around 40-60 fow. Did a little of everything from meat to jplugs. Colors. Depths. Speed. South troll. East troll. West troll...... NADA. Got a bit past piers and called it. Only marks were around 100 and they looked good.... Shortest trip in awhile. Hopefully she sets back up next couple days. Got heckled by a guy on the piers on our way in.... Lol. Eyecatcher !!!

IMG_20180912_160656001.thumb.jpg.d8849a68d09efa889690e7076dc4d83b.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Again, 

Only about 15 years of knowledge here, but this time of year, with winds like that the last week or so, go to 450 - 500 and start there.    The more turbulent the winds are, the more the likely active fish will move out (stay out).   You mat not get the staging Kings ready to spawn, but there are thousands of fish still actively feeding.   As things settle (week or more consistent or mild winds) the more they will bite closer to be biting inshore.  I am guessing later this week  in shore will be a good bite, but as the hurricane end-trails  scoop up, the more likely the fish will scatter again...   just my opinion of course .   I will be back up late September/early October.  Will post again at that time.  Hurricanes can mess things up big time... but...  Salmon can only "not feed" for three days at  a time.   They are eating machines.