Dan Keating and Dave Mull GLA Super Salmon Clinic

The Lake Ontario Trout & Salmon Association will be sponsoring a Salmon Fishing Spectacular weekend in February to kickoff the 2009 fishing season in style. On Saturday February 21st Dave Mull from Great Lakes Angler magazine and well known Lake Michigan Charter Captain Dan Keating will bring their extremely popular Great Lakes Angler Super Salmon clinic to WNY. On Sunday February 22nd, the 2nd Annual Lake Ontario Fishing Expo and Flea Market will be held. The Expo will feature 47 tables of merchandise along with fishing seminars throughout the day. Both events will be held at the Cornell Cooperative Extension in Niagara County. See www.lotsa.org for more details.

• 1 month later...

Registration Info I received from Dave Mull for the GLA Salmon School

Folks can reserve a place by calling Dan Keating at 847-395-5730.

Cost is $55; school starts with registration/sign in at 9 a.m. and includes lunch and a goodie bag.

We'll wrap up around 3 p.m.

Topics will include:

• Targeting Kings throughout the day

• The fine points of lure selection

• Small boat tactics

• Offshore Steelhead—the overlooked fishery

• Stealth Tactics• Dipsy Dynamics

• How to make wise decisions throughout the day

• Tournament tactics for limits and lakers

Just to update. It is STRONGLY recommended that if you are planning on attending, that you call Dan Keating at the listed number and pre-register. This School is expected to sell out and you cannot count on being able to walk in and register that morning. Sure would suck to drive a long way and not be able to get in because the room is full.

Tim

I got a reservation from Dan, will probably leave wicked early from Cortland, if anybody is interested in sharing the drive, PM me, not sure about the thing on Sunday; could somebody tell me what that's like? Thanks -Andy

46 tables of Charter Captains, Manufactureres/Reps, Tackle shops etc with loads of new and used tackle and gear. The Charters (who pretty much all have tackle manufactureres that they pro-staff for) always have loads of barely used gear that they get from their sponsors that they sell for really discounted prices, etc.

A-Tom-Mik's Tom Allen will be there himself and he has some really nice Show Specials in place for that 1 day event. If you go to the Expo Participants pages on the LOTSA website, if you click on Tom's Entry in the Manufacturer's list there is link to a flyer of the A-Tom-Mik specials.

It is my understanding that all of the new spin doctor colors will be available at the show.

There are also 4 1 hour or so seminars throughout the day in another room at the facility on various topics.

Well worth the $5.00 entry fee. All of the money taken in at the door is going to be donated to the area pen rearing projects.

http://www.lotsa.org/2009%20EXPO.htm

Tim

Further update. For those of you considering doing the 2 day weekend (Keating/Mull on Saturday and the Expo on Sunday). We have arranged a special "LOTSA Fishing Expo" rate at the Lockport Holiday Inn for $60.00 a room. Info is available on the LOTSA Website main page at http://www.lotsa.org/index2.htm

Tim