November Black River Walleye?

I've got a couple days in Watertown leading up to Thanksgiving. Looking to hit the Black River somewhere between Watertown and Dexter. Anyone got any info on shore-fishing for Walleye in that area or a few miles in either direction? Or, is there any reason why there wouldn't be a decent eye population staging in this portion of the river this time of year. I've NEVER fished up this way but damn I start droolin when I've got a little time on my hands and a new body of water to check out. So.....any help would be appreciated. I wouldn't shake any bass or pike off my line either.

We always fished in a small 14' boat from the Dexter launch out to the river mouth (Lake Ontario) in the Spring. There is some river access there. There is or was a small bait shop right at the launch, that seemed to rent boats, but that was some time ago. I have not fished from the shore at this time of the year or ever from this location. There are some lunker eye's in there in the Spring, our best was a 10 pounder!!! Good luck, & please let us know how you did.

Thanks. I found all kinds of articles on spring fishing up that way. It sounds like it's one of the best spots in the country in may and June. I can find nothing on late fall though. I'm inclinend to believe that there should be least a small resident population of eyes in the mouth of the river and upstream a ways, even a little to the east of Watertown proper perhaps. But I guess I won't know until I try. I've looked at maps and it looks like there's decent shore access at a number of places.