Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sszoldra

OK, So How do You Use Them?

In the Classifieds there's a guy that's selling fixed cheater snaps, and there's 150 posts to it.  I've seen how to use a sliding cheater, but how  exactly do you use the fixed cheaters?

It is simple, let your main line lure out, clip it in the release. Let the rigger down the amount of distance you want between the main spoon and the cheater. Clip the cheater on the main line, throw the spoon out of the boat and let the rigger down to the desired depth.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Bought some last year from Troubles and like em. Not for everyday use but if you want to peg your cheater to a certain depth they work great. Use to use a rubber band but these are easier.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• Apples - How Much Do WNY Deer Like Them?

So I have always hunted the Brockportish area of Monroe County, and I have always hunted properties with multiple wild apple trees.    After having sat and observed these spots for years I have come to wonder if they are really a big draw at all for our deer. It always seems like there are tons of untouched fallen apples and the pics of deer feeding on apples are few and far between.    I’ve come to think it’s one of those “land of plenty” scenarios. We are surrounded by tons of ag

in Big / Small Game

• Why we put them back

This is why we put them back and try to do our best to conserve our resources. Same 36 (ish) inch fish caught by myself and my wife 7 weeks apart.   Sent from my SM-G892A using Lake Ontario United mobile app    

in Musky, Tiger Musky & Pike (ESOX)

• Rain Gear, What Do You Use?

I have decent rain gear but it makes moving around the boat a little (maybe a lot) cumbersome. It fits like a straight jacket and doesn't flex much at all. I think it's thick PVC. Sometimes I'm more wet from sweat than from the rain!   I've noticed the good flexible rain gear is pretty expensive, so I've just stuck with my uncomfortable rain gear. Besides, when there's rain in the forecast, it's usually accompanied by high winds and big waves, which are not a good combination. That mak

in Open Lake Discussion

• 2 big jon downriggers make offer and come get them

just like all big Jon's the booms pivot what you see is what you get  some sort of Versa track mount?  make me an offer  located in Greece  will ship if you pay the ride 

in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent

• Gobies - Do other fish eat them?

I knew that Lake O had a gobie problem that was here to stay, but I didn't realize how many there actually were until I threw my camera in the water...   Brutal. I was surprised there isn't a ton of bass or pike or even carp picking these guys off. Do they feed on gobies?    

in Fishing Videos