Swim Platforms

dt5150

looking to add a swim platform this year. seems like everybody and their brother makes one.. are there any brands to recommend or stay away from? i was looking at the garelick ez-in. and what about the number of steps? is 2 enough or should i go with 3? i appreciate any input. thanks guys.

Defiantly more steps the better. I tried to get on my platform that only has one step. At 6'2" and 265 pounds I almost could not get up on to the platform. I will have three steps before I enter the water again.

well, maybe not. it looks like that garelick model only has 2 steps, not 3. if i want to go to a 3 stepper, i'd have to get the model that stows the ladder on top of the platform instead of underneath it. the only negative i can see about having the ladder stow on top would be the brackets. any opinions on bottom vs top ladder stowage?

• 2 weeks later...

ended up having to modify it a bit for it to work properly. had drill another set of mounting holes in the platform to space it out away from the transom enough for the ladder to rotate without touching the boat. not a huge deal, but something that should've been discovered during r&d in my opinion.