Late Browns?

Brown fishing is good all season.  if you change tactics and stay on them, the fishing can be better than it is now.  I find more big browns once the move deeper and the thermal cline sets up. 

Thanks I have never targeted browns. Gives me something to try. My understanding is you have to be on or near the bottom to get them, which I guess also applies to Lakers. It's funny after 3 years fishing lake O with pretty good success on salmon and steelhead I HAVE NEVER CAUGHT ANYTHING BUT SALMON AND STEELHEAD! No Lakers, no brown trout. Maybe I don't fish close enough to the bottom.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks I have never targeted browns. Gives me something to try. My understanding is you have to be on or near the bottom to get them, which I guess also applies to Lakers. It's funny after 3 years fishing lake O with pretty good success on salmon and steelhead I HAVE NEVER CAUGHT ANYTHING BUT SALMON AND STEELHEAD! No Lakers, no brown trout. Maybe I don't fish close enough to the bottom.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Lots will be tight to the bottom but I catch a ton of browns on high divers and cheaters. As August rolls around, the numbers only go up of fish up in bath water.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  • Like 1

What Brian said: where the 62 degree water hits the bottom. They could be up or down in the water column, but that's the contour to try first. We find that Dreamweaver SS and Savant Jake 45 spoons account for most of our fish.