Ponds and Braddocks

Silver Fox

Yesterday I checked out the condition of the ice after the warm up on monday. Long pond still had ice on the north shore near the docks we fish but also had open water in scattered areas in the pond. Cranberry was locked up still. Braddocks had ice out to the point BUT their was a 10 yard open water path from the cattails on the south shore going north past the docks. From the end of the docks in towards the parking loop was still iced up.

I have no idea how thick any of the ice is. It didn't look very good but at least the upcoming cold spell through Christmas will probobly make it very fishable. My ice fishing season will start the weekend after Christmas.

Good luck

Thanks for the heads up Scott. Keep us posted if you do get out... I am excited to fish the hard water this year as well and it would be great if I could get out Christmas week. I heard Perch Lake had a good 6-8 inches already.

your itching to get out already? the ponds dont look as good as they did last week. long pond was really opening up today from the parkway. dont worry though, soon enough well be able to drown some minnows.

Last week Long Pond and Buck Pond had a solid 4 inches. We did not try very hard, but there were no perch to be found. Last month Long Pond had endless small white bass along with a few nice perch. Cranberry had the same thing and was shallow. I have access to the south and south west corner of cranberry, so let my know if anybody wants to go. Would like to catch a pike in this pond even though they're not as plentiful as they used to be. Next week it's on!

• 1 year later...