Lake Siskiyou 1-1-09 pic's

Up at 2;55 am for what reason I have no idea. Headed up the hill at 0645 , arrived at the ramp at 0720 . No a soul around

Just me and the birds, Had the whole lake to myself till 10;45 when 2 boats where launched at the ramp. They stayed up on the east and north end of the lake. That left me everything else , Started the day off with the in-line boards , trolled the whole shore line for a big 0 . Switched over to the down riggers set one at 40' and one at 25' . I had an orange spoon on one

and a black , white and silver on the other. Started to troll up Castle creek for another 0, came about and headed towards the dam. Right at the point the left rod broke lose from the release , fish on . It was a nice brown for dinner. As I headed up Wagon creek the right side was slammed and hard , thought the rod was going to brake. No fish but the bottom . Just as I reached for the bail release, , there was a loud pop . I knew what had just happened , lake Siskiyou is the proud owner of another one of my down rigger balls . She now has 7or 8 of them, all 15lbers. So I hope you enjoy the pictures.

jfupo1.jpg

o5wb35.jpg

ndsxhu.jpg

2ag821d.jpg

2ihw0au.jpg

aw2owj.jpg

ok911h.jpg

Stan: What a way to start the new year. Your lakes out west are so serene with the mountians in the back ground. I am sure all of us here who have not been able to get out on the water because of winter enjoy seeing your beautiful west coast trout.

Georged

• 4 weeks later...

Great pics Stan.

I used to live in the Bay Area and we went to Siskiyou every summer. My folks are there right now. I love that lake! I am more of a bass fisherman and I would catch up to 50 smallmouths a day. I love the view of Mt. Shasta. It's been a few years since I've been.

Great readin about Siskiyou out here in NY

Phil