Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Roys Boys

Weird return on the sonar

Had a hugee return on sonar down in the deep water, I switched my graph to lowrance “fish locator” in down scan and came up as a soft return anyone have any ideas? I usually have hard returns on trees

6D388708-7360-4EC7-83D7-B73B0A8469AA.jpeg

37672522-28CB-463C-91D6-989C8E89B9C5.jpeg

Are those your rigger weights around 95 & 110? Do you have your transducer oriented to face back, rather than straight down? If so, it distorts the shape of the fish arches.

I think it's a cluster of fish, just a few Lakers hugging bottom.

Those are the rigger balls.. might be a school of lakers but this is a wreck off glass factory on the same setting.. you can see where my rigger ball bounce off lol

96A2525D-250F-4DD0-8F54-E3F040F5DA14.jpeg

• Like 2

The real question is why are you fishing for lake trout??

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Roys Boys said:

Those are the rigger balls.. might be a school of lakers but this is a wreck off glass factory on the same setting.. you can see where my rigger ball bounce off lol

96A2525D-250F-4DD0-8F54-E3F040F5DA14.jpeg

That's cool now, but I'll bet it was a nervous moment when it happened :lol:

5 hours ago, Gill-T said:

The real question is why are you fishing for lake trout??

I run charters on Seneca

5 hours ago, Kingfisher06 said:

Most likely a greenland shark, maybe a bull shark. Hard to tell.

I was thinking of running bigger lures

2 minutes ago, Roys Boys said:

I run charters on Seneca

Ah. You stated glass factory and I was thinking glass house point of reference on Ontario. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.