Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dan M

Wanted WTB Fishing boat - Open to suggestion 8k budget

*edit* budget is 8k. 
Hey all, finally ready to upgrade to a newer/bigger boat. I'm in no rush, as well, it's October but I do want something by the spring.

Probably wanting to go aluminum deep V - 18' or larger, but open to other suggestions/offers. Looking for something that can handle Lake O for salmon and trout on the days that weather / waves permit but still trailer to finger lakes for musky/trout/pike and bass.

Budget is 8k. I take care of my gear, and don't want a project boat or something that's been left out in the elements uncovered.

We troll probably 70% of the time so I do want downriggers or the option to install them.

No need for any family tubing boat - wife gets motion sick so it's usually my brother and myself - maybe one other person.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Dan M

46 minutes ago, SylvanTroller said:

Check out the proline 231 listed on here, it’s not aluminum but.......

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The one that is closed? It is nice - no trailer though - and can’t see how you could use that to cast for musky

• Like 1

At 56, a New Englander transplanted in Florida--Here is your best deal.  search Craigslist in Florida. There are real bargains.  Be willing to pay a deposit and drive down and get it---you'll save thousands.

Floridians hate aluminum boats unless they look like a jon boat or have an ariplane motor mounted on them.  For your budget, you will have equity immediately.  For example, My current boat is a 2010 Lowe 175fs.

I paid $8000. (new is $35 k+)  The boat was barn kept and never used.  The 90 Etec had 63 hours on it and I sold it online for $6000.  I replaced it with a new 90 yamaha 4 stroke, mounted removable downriggers,

added an Ulterra by minn kota--it is perfect for intercoastal fishing here, bass fishing here, and we tow it to the reservoirs of the south and up to the finger lakes or new england for 2 weeks every summer. On this site, ebay, or walleye central; my boat would fetch $15 k and i am into it for $8500.

check it out--if you are careful, you will find an old northerner who realized it is too hot to fish here, or his health is not what it was, or he bought a flats boat-- and his deep vee tin boat is just sitting.

i have flipped 6 boats in the last 10 years--half were rebuilds, 1/2 were just flipped -----(2006 crestliner w/ 150 merc 4 stroke(190 hours)-- i paid $5500 and sold it in 2 days to a michigan guy for $10.5 k and could have gotten more)

feel free to pm me with any ?'s.  

coach

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, O4fish said:

2002 Parker. 25 ft 9 ft beam
Deep V....

Check out
Harborsendmarina.com. for more information

l_img_7527.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That thing is 28k and noway I'm launching that at some of the smaller finger lakes

5 hours ago, O4fish said:

Ok. Just putting out there. It is a great boat.   

Lmao! He said 8k not 28k!. Lol.

Florida boat ? Been in salt water ? Buyer beware !

8k budget ? 18 ft Aluminum will do what you want , pick your days on Lake Ontario ! If you can find a 19 ft. Lund at your price buy it !

1 hour ago, tuffishooker said:

Florida boat ? Been in salt water ? Buyer beware !

8k budget ? 18 ft Aluminum will do what you want , pick your days on Lake Ontario ! If you can find a 19 ft. Lund at your price buy it !

Yes, 1-2' on Ontario is all I'm looking for, finger lakes for the rest. 18-19' aluminum will be perfect.