Track system???...

I have been looking at adding a track system to my boat. But like many anglers here I find them quite pricey. I am currently looking into mfg my own. Track and adapters to accommodate your rod holders. I would attempt to sell them for a fraction of the cost. Full aluminum and stainless components. Thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated. 

• Like 1

The tracks arent so bad but the acce$$orie$ are another story. Rod trees, cup holders, organizers. Thats where the money is. Welding tubing is much easier and cheaper than milling out aluminum stock into tracks. Custom rocket launchers and bimini enclosures are big $$$. 

14 minutes ago, skinny420 said:

The tracks arent so bad but the acce$$orie$ are another story. Rod trees, cup holders, organizers. Thats where the money is. Welding tubing is much easier and cheaper than milling out aluminum stock into tracks. Custom rocket launchers and bimini enclosures are big $$$. 

If things work out and go well i would also look into such things. It could easily take a few years to get it all figured out, I don't want to jump in head first and get burnt. But i also think this is a very good possiblity to work out. I did think about the rod holders, and trees. But not the other accessories. Do you have pics of any you have/would like?

Gimbal mounts, planer board masts, and the organizers that hold the pliers and lures or the cutting boards seem easy to make. Also the trolling boards and risers along the backs of boats might be more worth it than smaller tracks. If you want to make something i have never seen before......how about a dual rod holder downrigger base with 2 small tracks instead of the permanently mounted rod holders? Does anybody make those? I wouldnt mind having berts rod holders on my big jon captain pack riggers.....just so they were all the same.