Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well I got some new updated pictures for you guys...... I made a plate for you , guys can fight amongst the one piece over there. Lol did a lemon pepper with a minced garlic clove from the garden and some butter on the grill too much fish not doing a side ,maybe a slice of banana nut bread for dessert. I will say for salmon or trout this is got to be the best. I'll be doing this till the fish move off shore. I sorry guys for u not being able to make it IMG_20200331_181352.jpegIMG_20200331_181640.jpegIMG_20200331_181903.jpeg1585693703724.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Longspurs they look delicious, when you fillet the fish do u trim off the dark fat on the skin side of the fillet? Or does anyone else do this? Every fish i fillet I always trim it. Big difference in taste. 

Yup. Dunno if its true or not but was told any mercury or other crap a fish may have is stored in the body fat, but definitely makes it taste not as “FISHY”. Anyways, nice work. 

Can I assume your doing takeout orders lol...

• Like 2

Yep, I learned that from cleaning/ eating bluefish.  Believe it or not when cleaned properly and eaten fresh they are delicious, especially when under 10lbs

BTW it was really nice of longspurs to start this thread, it made my work day go by a lot easier 👍🏽

Yeah I got 95 percent of it out and that line of white fat , I call it backside brown behind the skin no good . Times aren't that tough.

I've got a 13' SOT fishing kayak that I use in small lakes.  I bought it with the thought of launching it on Lake O on dead calm days, but I have to admit, the big water has been too intimidating to me.  Maybe it's old age, but I can't get comfortable with the idea.

Looks like you guys had a blast.

You can do it, you just need to start slow. Pick a morning when the lake is calm. take your time and dont go too far from your start point. Slowly build up your confidence. If your like me you wont catch a damn thing the first few times lol...

Depends where u launch out of with certain wind directions . Use your head that's all. See any changes in wind , ripples on the water, waves changing "cap" , hourly wind speeds are going to pick up as the day goes on and you see changes , that means you go home .

And stay away from break walls, you can get blown right into them and it is tough to paddle away from them

I went out of bear creek this morning... landed 6 browns and lost a couple, all on jointed rapalas IMG_3244.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

Awesome..Since this front is finally moving thru once this sun comes up im gonna give it a go

nice fish !
Open the door to let the dogs out and got the north wind morning welcome . Going to check it out anyways nothing better to do.

Here is lake O on a light north wind, Irondequoit bay lighthouse. I go from catching fish to a photographer .... Bridge is closing today the guys were getting ready when I left. Menu not looking good !IMG_20200401_073141.jpegIMG_20200401_073259.jpeg