Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ry646

Petition to open boat launches next in Ontario

The report I received yesterday is that the boat launches are closed as far north as Perry Sound. No mention of them opening anytime soon. It sounds like it a young fellow that could carry a kayak might be able to launch off private property. I have 8 pages of closed ramps.

The MNRF says that fishing seasons have not changed by the launch rapes and lake side parks are closed.I ;m not ready to launch, but that could change quite quickly with a launch ramp and a sunny day I'm a fair weather fisherman..

Stay home people.   Is it really all that hard to do?  
Can't keep people bottle up for a long period of time we go nuts . I really don't see a problem with social conditioning fishing on the lake . When 60 bass boat show at the ramp at once for a club tournament then it would be iffy .

Sent from my XT1609 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yes, I've been in self house  arrest for all 6 weeks now and cabin fever  is becoming a reality.I can not see spacing at a ramp being a problem and there is lots o room on the Lake.

1 hour ago, fisherdude said:

Can't keep people bottle up for a long period of time we go nuts . I really don't see a problem with social conditioning fishing on the lake . When 60 bass boat show at the ramp at once for a club tournament then it would be iffy .

Sent from my XT1609 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I hate it as well, trust me.  Problem is 90% of people will use common sense and fish either alone or with someone in their household.  The other 10% will be out there with their buddies.    The number of boats really shouldn't matter to be honest.