SLR 2020

Kevin J Legg

First morning I tried the walleyes on the river. Hit this one on my first pass and nothing the rest of the morning but at least that’s a start. The selfie makes this fish look bigger than the 22” it actually was .

Going to try the Keitech jigs next trip and try to expand my techniques from my usual trolling. I’ve caught them many different ways but haven’t found the consistency I get trolling. I know others do very well using blades and jigs so I guess I need to put in some more time to get that down.

Speaking of time, with the early sunrises and late sunsets you can really beat yourself up fishing prime times! Afternoon naps are definitely the norm.Adjustments.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 3

Nice work bud!  At least someone is catching!  Things have dropped off dramatically here with the cast bite.  I'm gonna slide out tonight and give up on the topwater bite.  Bounce n troll along some keitechs on 1 oz heads just inside the weedline in 15-17 fow.  As long as you fish em slow the Keitech swimbaits are very versatile on jig heads from 1/16 to 1 ounce.

• Like 1

Nice work bud!  At least someone is catching!  Things have dropped off dramatically here with the cast bite.  I'm gonna slide out tonight and give up on the topwater bite.  Bounce n troll along some keitechs on 1 oz heads just inside the weedline in 15-17 fow.  As long as you fish em slow the Keitech swimbaits are very versatile on jig heads from 1/16 to 1 ounce.

I have a couple rigged with 1/2 and 3/4 oz heads and going to give them a try. Was going to try them tonight but got a bunch of inexperienced family coming so will stick to trolling tonight.

Fished last night and caught two 23” and should have limited out. Lost one at the boat and another one shortly after it hit. I marked bait where I had all 4 hits and they were all in 32-34 fow.
I tried casting and drifting with Keitech jigs but didn’t have any luck. Guess I need to spend more time.
I was trolling up river and jigged drifting down river. I need to just jig a couple trips but it’s tough to break from a successful technique.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1