Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

Great morning to be on the water and the fishing was great too.  Started off with a rush as the first 45 minutes could hardly keep 1 rigger and 1 dypsey in the water!  A nice landlocked and lake trout were the highlights but a group of smaller rainbows provided great entertainment.  Kept a steady pick of fish over the next few hours with spoons outfishing flasher/flies by a wide margin.  Picked up a nice rainbow later in the morning and completed the Slam with this stout Brown.  Tried to get off the water before 11 but gridlock at Deans made it closer to 12.  Hoping the great weather and great fishing both continue.

0725200837c.jpg

0725200946b.jpg

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quality targets 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome fish! Thinking about heading up to to the Northern part of the lake soon since the browns have been few and far between on the south end. Pardon the questions but how deep were you getting them at and in what direction did you go?

 

Thanks in advance for any/all info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gill-T said:

Quality targets 

Yes sir.....just applying what you taught me with your Intel from last summer...   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, trouthunter24 said:

wow nice Brown!!

It was short, 18", but super thick at 4&3/4 pounds.  The family gave me a portable scale/tape measure for Fathers Day so no more fish stories I guess. :smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yakgoogan_2000 said:

Awesome fish! Thinking about heading up to to the Northern part of the lake soon since the browns have been few and far between on the south end. Pardon the questions but how deep were you getting them at and in what direction did you go?

 

Thanks in advance for any/all info.

Since mid-May been on the West side most of the time running from the Silos North of Deans to a click South of Sheldrake.  Some days 100-160 fow rule, other days out to 250 have been better.  Are the rainbows and salmon heating up down the South end?  No reports from there this Summer but if memory serves they were cooking down there last July and August

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks so much for the info!

 

Yea so far there have been mostly browns and lakers but I got a nicer size salmon last Saturday. All fish below are at the drop off in front of East Shore.

 

Salmon from this past Sunday on a Black Jeans Stingray spoon.
3BA25B27-DC80-4F86-96D0-1F02B1FC5D60.thumb.jpeg.bcb1f2c74ada4de6a9f66beb53b7252c.jpeg

 

Brown from Saturday on the same spoon

E4C3836F-3D33-4B99-B932-36B5EA62B946.thumb.jpeg.5a6f505c7e2a66bb1d258f2ec2a9238c.jpeg


my friend got that massive one on the jig about 20 mins before mine.

35E19BC0-C620-4154-8DCB-6FCFB29AF1C6.thumb.jpeg.5a0235aff3cc7e8a7b3053c12d933be3.jpeg

 

No rainbows yet, kinda slow, Lots of weeds!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2020 at 11:00 PM, Reel Doc said:

Great morning to be on the water and the fishing was great too.  Started off with a rush as the first 45 minutes could hardly keep 1 rigger and 1 dypsey in the water!  A nice landlocked and lake trout were the highlights but a group of smaller rainbows provided great entertainment.  Kept a steady pick of fish over the next few hours with spoons outfishing flasher/flies by a wide margin.  Picked up a nice rainbow later in the morning and completed the Slam with this stout Brown.  Tried to get off the water before 11 but gridlock at Deans made it closer to 12.  Hoping the great weather and great fishing both continue.

0725200837c.jpg

0725200946b.jpg

caught alot of lakers on that same spoon in there , seems to work a bit deeper

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Yakgoogan_2000 said:

Thanks so much for the info!

 

Yea so far there have been mostly browns and lakers but I got a nicer size salmon last Saturday. All fish below are at the drop off in front of East Shore.

 

Salmon from this past Sunday on a Black Jeans Stingray spoon.
3BA25B27-DC80-4F86-96D0-1F02B1FC5D60.thumb.jpeg.bcb1f2c74ada4de6a9f66beb53b7252c.jpeg

 

Brown from Saturday on the same spoon

E4C3836F-3D33-4B99-B932-36B5EA62B946.thumb.jpeg.5a6f505c7e2a66bb1d258f2ec2a9238c.jpeg


my friend got that massive one on the jig about 20 mins before mine.

35E19BC0-C620-4154-8DCB-6FCFB29AF1C6.thumb.jpeg.5a0235aff3cc7e8a7b3053c12d933be3.jpeg

 

No rainbows yet, kinda slow, Lots of weeds!!

Some beauties. Have you fished mid-lake before?   I have only fished the South end in Winter when the lake is down and my boat fits under the bridge at Taughannock.  The bottom contour is different as you move North on the lake. Still have shelves/dropoffs but not as abrupt as the South end.  Many have told me in the past you have to go South end to consistently catch silvers but not complaining about finding a few around here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow!! That one your friend got is a beauty. That must have been quite a battle in the yak.


Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasnt thinking kayak fishing... your go to spot mid lake is Sheldrake point.  Can launch right there and fish right around the point.  Look back a month or 2 in this folder and you will see a post of a beautiful Brown caught around the point from a kayak.  

Let us know how you make out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So went out yesterday morning for the long haul pretty much the entire day from Deans to Sheldrake, and ended up being around a 6hr trip.

 

trolled about 2mph in 100-160 fow and narrowed the fish down to about 100-120. Sent orange/pink spoons down 40-80ft

6E03A689-3FCA-499C-80DF-C788A191ED33.thumb.jpeg.4f36f95f33b936a58821e70311a0a7eb.jpeg

and after the first two fish I hooked at 40ft I just ran both at the 40-50ft range. Had one lead core out about 20-30 ft but nothing.

 

overall went 2/4 on rainbows. One was an absolute heartbreaker, took about 80ft of line and just ran like crazy. As soon as he started coming up I just felt slack. Then lost a smaller salmon. But here are the two that I did manage to wrangle in. One was about 18 and another was just over 22.

 

5DD1B016-3D5F-4595-88DE-2BCF4B12D077.thumb.jpeg.29a3cadf5a3ec636f27cb7f718e34859.jpeg

47524059-0AA6-4D77-AC77-0D30246AE601.thumb.jpeg.f4a1cad6e9f7eba76a7ff4bdc9628389.jpeg

 

That one I missed had some chompers!

65F0F5E9-7585-45A9-91F3-E2C4B0673629.thumb.jpeg.9cb6cf9c55c58e75e7293e74ee9fcc8d.jpeg
 

Thanks again doc for the tips!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yakgoogan_2000 said:

So went out yesterday morning for the long haul pretty much the entire day from Deans to Sheldrake, and ended up being around a 6hr trip.

 

trolled about 2mph in 100-160 fow and narrowed the fish down to about 100-120. Sent orange/pink spoons down 40-80ft

6E03A689-3FCA-499C-80DF-C788A191ED33.thumb.jpeg.4f36f95f33b936a58821e70311a0a7eb.jpeg

and after the first two fish I hooked at 40ft I just ran both at the 40-50ft range. Had one lead core out about 20-30 ft but nothing.

 

overall went 2/4 on rainbows. One was an absolute heartbreaker, took about 80ft of line and just ran like crazy. As soon as he started coming up I just felt slack. Then lost a smaller salmon. But here are the two that I did manage to wrangle in. One was about 18 and another was just over 22.

 

5DD1B016-3D5F-4595-88DE-2BCF4B12D077.thumb.jpeg.29a3cadf5a3ec636f27cb7f718e34859.jpeg

47524059-0AA6-4D77-AC77-0D30246AE601.thumb.jpeg.f4a1cad6e9f7eba76a7ff4bdc9628389.jpeg

 

That one I missed had some chompers!

65F0F5E9-7585-45A9-91F3-E2C4B0673629.thumb.jpeg.9cb6cf9c55c58e75e7293e74ee9fcc8d.jpeg
 

Thanks again doc for the tips!!

You had a beautiful day to be out there.  Looks like that spoon needs a paint job.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...