Cayuga Taughannock Launch Status

How did you make out? Was that you in the well craft with the pup that went out this morning? I was fishing from the wall at taughannock this morning. Could buy a hit, and I didn't see anyone from shore land anything. Man, that flat lake this morning has me itching to get the boat out

5 hours ago, sstout said:

How did you make out? Was that you in the well craft with the pup that went out this morning? I was fishing from the wall at taughannock this morning. Could buy a hit, and I didn't see anyone from shore land anything. Man, that flat lake this morning has me itching to get the boat out

That was us in the Wellcraft.  It was a pretty nice morning on the water for late December.   Unfortunately the fish weren't real interested.  Covered all depths starting with skinny water and working deeper.  Ended up finding a few lake trout deep using flies on dipsey and a chute copper.  The highlight of the day was my personal best smallest lake trout at a shade over 14 inches.  After hauling it in on a bloody death spoon on a rigger down 110 I was gassed so called it a day. :smile:  

1227200811.jpg

1227201139.jpg

1227201249a.jpg

1227201223.jpg

• Like 1