Best wire for dipsey rod

Going to get about 5 different answers LOL!  Most popular brands in 30# 7 strand stainless wire are Torpedo, Blood Run, AFW, Malin, and Mason.  A few other brands as well.  They all do what they are supposed to do.  

Most folks use the 30 lb 7 strand. An additional brand is Accustrand and I believe emptystringer on here usually has some for sale. I have had good luck with it but I have also used the other brands mentioned and if treated right most brands work fine but you do have to periodically examine them and perhaps cut out any questionable areas for a few feet up. The wire does vary in tensile (breaking) strength and there are differences as in the finish as some are very shiny while others have a "camo" or brownish finish. A critical variable is kink resistance and most wire at 30 pound test kinks fairly easily when the tension is off it ( e..g. curly cues).  So in short, it becomes largely a personal preference issue.

It depends, do you want something that increases your dive curve or something that will be really durable and more user friendly. We choose American Fishing Wire 7 strand camo because it's the thinnest 30lb wire on the market. You CAN NOT let it get loose or it will pigtail and kink. If you go with Torpedo, Malin, Mason and a bunch of other companies their 30lb is more user friendly, but thicker.