Upland Shotgun

i have a few A400s and love them.  I have a light model that I use for bird hunting.  checkout the Ultralight model that is out now.  probably comparable to mine.  Basically nil on recoil and a pleasure to carry chasing birds. That upland version looks sweet.  i don’t have that one!
So I pulled the trigger yesterday and bought the A400 Xplor 20 gauge. To be fair I did not clean the gun before taking it out for its first ride. I put 80 rounds through it and 77 DID NOT eject! I was shooting light 7/8 Oz 1200 fps loads. Also have a sore cheek today due to pretty bad cheek slap, which I've never had with any other guns. Just curious if you happened to experience any of these things with your A400's? I am going to stop and grab some different size loads today and clean it really good tonight then give it another shot. Hopefully that's all I need to do here with the amount this gun costs. Other then that it is gorgeous and very balanced!

Yup, that's exactly what I'm going to try. Have read a lot of people having this issue and it's a poorly drilled gas hole. Pretty ridiculous that for what you pay, they still have not fixed this issue! Fingers crossed that's all it is and I can enjoy shooting it for years!

You mentioned cheek slap , in general a heavier gun shooting a bunch at the range is better on the face and shoulder than a lighter gun . Not sure what your new gun weighs .

I didnt see this post , but I recently bought another o/u in 20 guage for upland hunting , much lighter than previous guns , a dream to walk around with in the field behind a pointing dog ( which is addictive ,yes), but a little bumpy shooting 50 rounds at the trap or skeet range .

No perfect boat, no perfect gun , evrything is a trade off , unless your loaded and can have multiple boats and multiple guns for every situation