First time for the year and went 4 for 5 on small browns (14 - 16").  Surface water temps were 35.5 - 36.6 in depths less than 20'.  Ran boat in 9 - 12 FOW most of my 3 hours with lines in.  Two fish on gold/black HJ10 50' behind the board 100 feet out, 2 on same size in UV green tiger 70' behind board 80' out, and another on lemonhead Maglip 3.0 40' back.  I worked inside the mud water and had best luck a short distance west of creek mouth.

Really nice day to be out, but where was everyone?  I was out about noon - 3:30 and only saw 2 other boats out.  Not looking for a crowd that's for sure but surprised at lack of others.  Maybe they were out in the morning. 

Tight Lines

Water temp and brown chalky water from ice boom removal makes fishing tough due to poor visibility. With the price of gas, more people will cherry pick their fishing times to match more optimum conditions. 

AD7CAB94-14E7-4695-BE1E-C0FB9B868EAE.jpeg

probably saw me, I was out. Only fished for a little more than an hour - didn’t get any. ran 2 flat lines with long shallow bay rats behind the boards in the same 8-12 fow in and out of the mud line. least u hooked up. biggest was 16” ?

Interesting picture Gill.  That explain the outer band of brown water separated from the shoreline band by a section of green water.  Yeah on temperature thing too.  I figured maybe temp wise I was a touch ahead of the main group.  I'm lucky to live about 20 minutes away.  The gas prices will cut down a little on my 2 hr. Trips to Chautauqua and Honeoye.  Have not fished the Oak in summer for bass in many years and this might be the time for a few return trips.

Tight Lines