My attempt at planner boards...

JJBat150

Hard to tell how they work till you try them but on my big boards the attachment is toward the front and top more. Just bring a drill and wrenches with ya in case you need to do some onsite adjustments. I'd bring them on a shakedown cruise and hook them up do tight turns in waves and see how the react. Once you get them tuned they should run good for a long time.

17 hours ago, skinny420 said:

on my big boards the attachment is toward the front and top more. 

Mine as well.............. 

It's tough to tell from the photo, but the leading edge of both boards should be angled back, from top to bottom, and should be mitered so that water flowing past the leading edge of the board pushes the nose of the board away from the boat......... the leading edge almost looks "flat" in the photo.

the drawing below was cut and pasted from another thread on the board. Search "planer board plans" and that thread will be returned.... This design has pulled DD plugs and lead core on Erie for me for countless years........ with a minimal investment. Follow this design exactly and you won't be disappointed. Well, except for the paint...........

post-139486-0-16328400-1361198296.jpg

• 1 month later...