Rapala Fish Grippers

While out this past weekend, after landing a brown, I put the lip grippers on the fish connected the wrist strap to a line and back in the water after cutting the gills to bleed out. After a couple minutes I ago to retrieve the fish and you guessed it... NO FISH... but the grippers were still clamped shut.

Has this happened to anyone else, is there a fix or should I stop bleeding them out with the grippers and just throw em back in with just a cord thru the gills ?

Tks

i have not had that issue but with bigger fish especially you need to make sure the grippers are set in the right area there are some spots where they clamp down on hard jaw and will slide off.  if you get behind that hard bone line they are good to go

I use one of these diving stringers hooked to a cleat with paracord. Just bend the tip over so it looks like a snap swivel and can’t pull out with a heavy load. Way cleaner than the bucket method especially if you have a small boat. Bonk them, cut them then drag along boat for a minute.

Storm Heavy Duty Scuba Divers Fish Stringer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MLEJ9TQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_RC73T353HFNG47H1A1GW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk