New Tekota A feedback?

12 hours ago, BRsnow said:

How are the new models holding up? Can pick up 500 LC at a decent discount, as good as the prior model? Solid stock drag? Thanks 

They are good from what I hear but they can't be used with wire. 

5 hours ago, GAMBLER said:

Thanks, I don’t run wire. These would be for downriggers with 15lb big game. I typically dont fish late enough in the year for fleas. I think they are big enough to hold 300 yards of 15. I usually use saltist, but these are priced really good.

• 1 month later...
On 3/31/2023 at 7:40 AM, GAMBLER said:

out of curiosity why not wire? asking as this will be second season running 19 strand on one. before the aw f*/%4 moment.

4 hours ago, nhjim said:

out of curiosity why not wire? asking as this will be second season running 19 strand on one. before the aw f*/%4 moment.

I don’t have to deal with fleas and have used wire extensively. Prefer braid.

17 hours ago, nhjim said:

The line guide is plastic on the new Tekotas.  It will not hold up to wire or braid over time.  It will make a grove and cut into the line guide.  

58 minutes ago, GAMBLER said:

The line guide is plastic on the new Tekotas.  It will not hold up to wire or braid over time.  It will make a grove and cut into the line guide.  

Ended going with new saltist LC, the rest of my reels are the older saltist, so rolling with them

8 minutes ago, BRsnow said:

Ended going with new saltist LC, the rest of my reels are the older saltist, so rolling with them

You made a great decision!