400 copper

Hi guys a picked up a used 400 copper   for my trip this spring and a few spindoctors and flies to try , how deep do you think this will run at 2.5 mph?

I don’t know if flashers rise at all being plastic or is it the same as a spoon . It is the heavier copper 45lb I think.Thank you for any input I like to try new things when I get on lake O

if weather and boat motor allow it 🤞

On 4/16/2023 at 5:06 PM, wrinklestar said:

Get a fishhawk td and know where it's running.  With the currents and everything it is difficult to tell.  Could be 95 ft in one direction and 80 in the other.  

Get some snap weights to add to the front to get deeper.

On 4/16/2023 at 7:08 AM, Finnagain said:

Hi guys a picked up a used 400 copper   for my trip this spring and a few spindoctors and flies to try , how deep do you think this will run at 2.5 mph?

I don’t know if flashers rise at all being plastic or is it the same as a spoon . It is the heavier copper 45lb I think.Thank you for any input I like to try new things when I get on lake O

if weather and boat motor allow it 🤞

Image result for blood run tackle copper depth chart

• Like 1

Thank you all of the advice ,I live in state of no big lakes to test any big water techniques.I will set sights on fh td for next season and log depths of 124 mm deeper divers and copper .Flashers always intimidated me after a few nasty tangles running off riggers I’m sure it was inexperience and crabbing in small boat currents bad driving or all of the above .Running Flasher off mag board on 400 C seemed like safe alternative for me and never ran 8-10” spindoctors before seems like everyone loves them .I didn’t know if they dig deeper spinning or rise slightly due to action an materials there made out of . I made screen shot of dive chart , I appreciate all of your help .

thx Glenn