Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Spoons will not put as much resistance on the copper during deployment. I usually run just flashers and flies on the copper.
  2. Nice report and good way to end the season. It was nice meeting you this summer. Good luck hunting and see you on the water next season.
  3. Sorry for your loss Ray.
  4. I'm glad this happened to the Sox and the Braves. Takes my Mets off the hook for their collapse a couple seasons ago.
  5. They will stick to 100. The guys that run heavy power pro for rigger line say it sticks like crazy.
  6. I run 8' leadcore rods. If you are running inlines, I would go with a 8'. Regular boards, you can get away with a 6'6" if it is stiff enough.
  7. Happy Birthday Mark.
  8. It is braided 45lb. copper. There is also 30lb but the sink rate is a little less.
  9. A 300' copper will get you down 66' with a spoon and around 60' with a flasher @ 2.2 mph (same lenght as 10 colors but a lot more depth). A 250' copper will put you around 55, a 200 around 44' a 150 around 33' and a 100 around 22'. I'm not sure how much copper a Okuma 45 will hold. A 30 will hold a 100' copper with plenty of 30lb backing. I ditch all of my leadcore rigs 5 seasons ago for copper and I have not turned back.
  10. Did you ever think of using coppers? You can use short coppers and achieve more depth with less line out.
  11. Nice report old man. I would think they would want to dump all of them in one spot (safety in numbers). Interesting.
  12. The offshore bite should be strong for another week or two. Weather is the key factor. River fishing is ok. It would be a lot better but the snagging really puts a damper on the fishing for law abiding repsectful fishermen. Lots of good people on the tribs but they are out numbered by scum.
  13. I could write a check for it but I'm sure it will bounce! Very nice looking rig.
  14. Tcon, The net has a very large hoop with a 4' handle. ScottB, Not this time but I still have it if you are interested. Gator, I will give you a call. I have been really busy working OT.
  15. FLX, I have one sitting in my garage. Let me find it and I will ship it to you. I will have 2 more in the spring if you want them as back ups. All of my cords are getting replaced one by one under warranty.
  16. Chad, It is closed. They are revamping the launch.
  17. Will you ship? I only need one.
  18. Jiffy is gone. Thanks Woody
  19. Jiffy Model 30 gas auger - blow engine- Parts auger only. Carb, gear box,blades, gas tank, throttle cables, throttle and auger bit are in great shape. Carb was rebuilt 2 years ago. - $25.00 **sold** Plano rod case - plastic rod case for traveling with rods. - $10.00 Frabil net 4' handle - $10.00 - **sold pending payment** Ugly Stick 6' 6" ML bait caster rod. Rod is one piece and in great shape. - $10.00 Will post pictures by request. Local pick up or I will meet somewhere in Rochester / Hilton area. More to come.
  20. trouttracker, Can you post pics of the bases?
  21. What cannon downrigger parts do you have? I'm looking for a low profile swivel base, deck mounting plate and rear mount rod holders (old style)
  22. I'm looking for a low profile swivel base and a mounting plate.
  23. I made the same statement a couple years ago and it ruffled someones feathers around here. They sent me a PM saying the guy is just trying to make a living.
  24. Fish offshore and above the thermalcline. Cover from 50 degrees up to the surface. Short cores, riggers with long leads, slide divers and plainer boards are the weapons of choice.
×
×
  • Create New...