Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. I purchased 2 Okuma Blue Diamond 8' rods last season and love them. They were around $75.00
  2. These are in good shape. They are green with yellow rings. $10.00 for both local pick up or $15.00 shipped to the lower 48.
  3. The lake is back to normal after last nights west wind. My buddy is out there now and 120 to 140. Temp is around 80 down.
  4. I would go with a Saltist without the line counter. For coppers, I would recommend getting a 300, 400 and a 500. These are the most used coppers in my boat. You could buy one 500 or 600 and only let out the proper amount of copper for the depth you are fishing. Tom sells marked coppers.
  5. I would suggest running the same pound weights off of all of them. I only run 3 riggers. I run one of my back riggers deep (42 degree water) one of the side riggers at 48 degrees and the other 5' above the 48 degree rigger. If there are a lot of high fish, I will throw the last rigger up high.
  6. Oh no not again!!!
  7. Not my call. I was the first mate on the boat. If it was my boat, I would have been having some eggs over easy with bacon and white toast. One thing I do not like is thunder and lightning when I'm the tallest thing on the lake.
  8. X4 all the way!
  9. Live Wire Spin Doctor Hammer Time Spin Doctor Green Glow Spin Doctor
  10. Duckman, Sent you a personal message.
  11. Duckman1, I work in greece. I could meet you somewhere in greece to show you the reels.
  12. Pike Hunter, Hopefully we will see you next year. It is a great tourney.
  13. Yesterday off of Sandy Creek, we had something really weird happen. Thunderstorms were rolling North of us down the lake. When the storm was due North of us, I kept getting severe static shocks from the wire as I reeled it in . I could see arches going from the wire to my arm. Anyone else every have this happen?
  14. Nice job Scott. Congrats on your 6th place finish.
  15. Depends on the depth of the fish. 450' copper will get you down 90ish feet. If the fish are higher, do not put as much copper out. When I want the full 450' out, I put the knot at the water (knot that joins copper and backing)
  16. No Twilly tip is needed. That rod would work. If you run it down the chute, no release is needed. Just let it out the back like a flat line.
  17. A meat rig is a cut bait rig. If you have questions, feel free to ask or read back on the topics and you will learn a lot.
  18. Nice Job Rob. Congrats on the big king and your 3rd place finish.
  19. Blame it on your brother. I see how you are. Nice job Rick.
  20. Nice meeting you at 430 am Ray. Glad you came and joined the gang for a fun day of fishing.
  21. Steve, I am slowly upgrading my Sealines to Saltist reels. I only have the SG47LC left. The SG47LCA is sold pending payment.
  22. This reel is in good shape. $55.00 local pick up or I will ship for $60.00 to the lower 48.
×
×
  • Create New...