Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Ras Outboard on Rt 104 in Spencerport is the only one I know of. Not too close for you but they do great work.
  2. Nice job and thanks for the invite .
  3. Rochester has some of the best spring brown fishing on the entire lake. The Geneswer River pumps muddy water out into the lake keeping the clear water murky. Look for temp breaks and gravel bottom. With the gobies taking over the lake, browns are keyed in on gobies. Some browns are still found in clearer water on rock bottom because of the gobies. I would head to the Genesee River boat launch and head the way the river plume is heading. From Sandy Creek to Gina is good.
  4. I have a 60 psi and love it. Make sure you put a ball valve at the hull in case something goes wrong. This can also double as an extra bilge pump if needed. You can close the ball valve, taker the hose off and use the washdown to pump more water out.
  5. Just use super glue and not heat shrink. Works better. If youi still want to use the shrink tube, use a warm light bulb.
  6. I use the scotty large plainer releases. Instead of buying them in singles, I buy the double stacker releases and cut them off the heavy mono. All you have to do is add a shower curtain hook. It is a lot cheaper.
  7. Happy Birthday Tom. Hope it was a good one.
  8. Getting rid of pike fishing on the ice would not be cool. I would be all for a 1 pike limit on the ice. That makes a lot more sense than closed season. Pike are easier to access during the winter months but, they are not as easy to catch. I have never had a day where I caught 15 pike on the ice on Conesus but have had 15 pike days in the fall from the boat.
  9. Thats a good idea. Only problem is my wife would kill me if I was stealing foam out of our new couch cushions.
  10. That would be great! MIght have to start looking into another copper set up or 2.
  11. If it passes, we will be lucky to see this in the next decade. NYS is not the quickest at getting things done. All joking a side, I believe it would be 2012. The regs are changed every 2 years.
  12. Eggs can be treated to kill VHS disease. A charter captain at the state of the lake meetings last year had all the info.
  13. If they still want to use it, my neighbors is usually green by mid June.
  14. I would say Iaconelli also. No one in the industry is as passionate about fishing as he is. My least favorite is Bill Dance. Anyone can catch big bass on PRIVATE lakes or ponds. Anyone ever see a boat in the back ground of one of his bass fishing shows?
  15. Jerry has a show? Oh wait, I remember the commercial with the car through the garage door.
  16. Not sure. I know bait shops can only keep there bait so long also. Call the DEC. They are always willing to answer questions.
  17. Ronix, The new bait laws only allow us to keep our bait 10 days. Not enough time to get them that big.
  18. I think everyone here collects fishing equipment. One of our members has the largest collection of Needlefish spoons in the world .
  19. why would you plan a trip on april 1st bonehead I would rather be chasing 100lb. tarpon on April 1st over spending April 1st chasing trout on amateur day.
  20. I would make the musky limit on Ontario / St. Lawrence 1 per season. Kind of like a deer tag system. Once your tag is full, your done for the season. If you revive fish and don't keep them, you can keep fishing. This would keep guys from keeping multiple musky in one season. The St Lawrence muskies are caught accidentally by pike and walleye fishermen. Most guys keep them for a wall hanger. A lot of fishermen do not have the respect for the fish/fishery that you guys have.
  21. I have run my probe on all 4 riggers to see. It reads great on all riggers.
  22. Being a married man, you should know the answer to that question Ray!
  23. Prayers sent.
  24. Steve, What size? The guy that did the fberglass work had some teak doors. Let me know.
×
×
  • Create New...