Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. This is a stupid management strategy. Natural reproduction can not be closely monitored enough to get it right. Fin clipping shows you a year later what is going on (with angler participation), and seining on the Salmon River only shows one tributaries worth of natural reproduction. The seining also shows you how big of a hatch you had. It doesn't necessarily mean survival into the lake will be strong on big years.
  2. Depends on how thick the thermal cline is and what I'm seeing on the fish finder.
  3. Yes. Most guys say smaller spoons but don't be afraid to run spoons up to mag sized. The 19lb 4oz, and 16lb 11oz. browns we caught in the last couple years both came on mag spoons off divers. We run riggers cheated, 4 divers and usually 3-4 leadcores depending on the depth we are targeting. As you get later in the season, big browns will be caught up high out of temp. If you are not running cheaters, you will miss a lot of big browns!
  4. Yup. Supposedly beat the record by 1.8 ounces.
  5. Sandy Creek in Hamlin. Absolutely no boat traffic and terrific fishing in late July!
  6. Congrats on the second place finish. You guys are always in the top during this event!
  7. MIght want to try the American Forum for Henderson. This is posted in the Canadian forum.
  8. Does the Garmin Reactor 40 have throttle control built in? I see it comes with a throttle actuator.
  9. Sunday we caught a bunch and they were 9-15”. Lots around compared to past years. Seems to be a lot of 6-8lb kings around too.
  10. Divers or a thumper rig.
  11. 91. She was rough when I bought her. 3 months of work and she's fishin!
  12. Gotta have rod holders to move rods out of the way when a king gets to the boat!
  13. I will be out of town this weekend. I will pm you.
  14. Brand new unopened. Pick up in Hilton NY. I will not ship.
  15. No need when the kings cooperate! We also try to go by this rule: No derby, no laker fishing. Can't educate them!
  16. Fished on the new boat for the first time yesterday. Found a good screen in 180-210. Worked that water from 6:30 - 10am and we ended up 9-11 on kings with one steelhead in the mix. 45-100 down was the most consistent water. Mostly a spoon bite. Flasher/Fly only took one fish all morning.
  17. There are many factors mentioned above. One of the biggest is the tackle you are running. Too slow, certain spoons have no action. Too fast certain spoons have too much action. For example, stingers can be trolled at slower speeds than Dreamweavers but the Dreamweavers have better action at the higher end of the speed spectrum.
  18. I used to run thumper rigs while laker fishing and here is what and how I would run it: 16oz weight on a 24" dropper on 30lb malin wire. Hammerhead 5/0 or 4/0 cowbells and Gambler Rigs. 1.0 -1.8 at the ball. I do not run flashers and dodgers while laker fishing. You have to troll them too fast. You will still catch lakers but the speed is not in their preferred range. Lakers are aggressive but like things trolled slow.
  19. Speed depends on what you are running in front of the Gambler rigs. Cowbells are not speed tolerant at all. I run them 1.0-1.8 ball speed. Death traps , Grease traps 1.5-2.5, Dodgers 2.0-2.5 and flashers 1.8-2.8.
  20. To those that placed in the money with Gambler Rigs, head over to my Facebook page and post pics, your story and what Gambler Rig your fish was caught on the be entered into a drawing for a prize pack.
  21. Thanks Mike! It’s guys like you that post what you are using that make my business successful!
  22. I like 28”. 18”-24” is what a lot of guys run but I find there are days lakers don’t want to come in that tight to the trap or cowbell.
×
×
  • Create New...