Jump to content

Silver Fox

Professional
  • Posts

    4,384
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Silver Fox

  1. October is always the best month there whether it's early or late.
  2. That's the place. We have 8 acre's. We're allowed to hunt about 300 acre's on both sides of the road. I'm pretty sore after the long weekend down there. Those hills don't quit! :shock:
  3. LM,Diversion, I think white hill rd is at the top of stoneylonesome rd. We are the green 2 story that the porky's find tastey. :shock: We are on the part of the rd that closes after dec. 1st.
  4. We are in Alma also! Small world. Stoneylonesome rd. The deer #'s are kinda thin the last 10 years or so. A bit better lately. I remember how thick they were many years ago.
  5. Go to page 2 in this forum. This topic took a beating 2 weeks ago. :shock:
  6. Rick, Grab one of them rats at the marina and put it behind that spinny! Call it the "sea sick rodent". Don't forget to slap a large green eye on it's back side.
  7. I tried smelly jelly this year and I can't get that god awfull smell or sticky crap of of my flies. I was getting just as many fish on the unscented one's anyways.
  8. The month of october is the best time. Now till then is hit or miss.
  9. It looks like the turn out from the oak boats in that tourny have been disappointing. Out of the 16 boats that entered in august, I think about 6 were from sandy. That's pretty good considering that sandy has far fewer boats than the oak. Talk to ya later
  10. I agree. If you get Dennis your "golden". This spring he tought buffalo only. In my opinion the buffalo guys were ahead of us Rochester and Syracuse classes. I never seen some of the questions on the test and the Buffalo guys said they had. That made for some interesting guessing. I was a little worried to say the least. I think Seatech is trying to have too many classes in different cities at once. As for the Coast Guard. Overall they were awfull. I couldn't believe some of the problems that we were having. I could write a book. I think I'll stop now, I'm getting flashbacks!
  11. I took the class in the spring and the same thing happend to a couple of guys in that class. Lost checks or paperwork. Organization is not the strong point. The coast guard was equally frustrating. Called Buffalo for 3 weeks to try to get a fingerprint appt. I got ahold of an officer in Massena and he called me back and told me they would call me in 1/2 an hour. They did. All of a sudden everyone had appt's to get them done. I think someone got chewed out. I passed the test on april 1st and just received my license in mid july. Headache after headache. My advice would be to make sure you really want to do this because you will get very frustrated at times. Check your sanity at the door when you sign up.
  12. Rick, I talked to Matt yesterday and the idea of a grand slam is great. You couldn't ask for a better port to pull that off. My input was to weigh in the best of each of the 4 species w/ your biggest "kicker" fish. IF you do this, you would receive an extra 50 pts. I don't think we need another pro-am format. 4 is enough. To be attractive, this needs to be a different style format to set it apart from the rest. Talk to ya later.
  13. Steve, Nice fish! How far out did you get that fish?
  14. Like Paul said, GPS is real close to your down speed. If I didn't like to know the temps, I wouldn't have a probe myself.
  15. Great fish Rick. Is that your lady getting all slimed up?
  16. Good job Brian and Jim! We had a cooler full of salmon on friday fishing in front of the park and went back there for saturday and the kings were gone. :shock: Just alot of 5-10lb fish. The kings were definately east of the creek. I've noticed this year to never fish where you whacked them the previous day. Jim, you sounded pretty frustrated during mid-morning. Nice to see ya turned it around.
  17. Are you ever up near rochester? I have a buddy interested in about (3) 12 pounders.
  18. Thanks Paul. We'll be signing up this friday afternoon. Come on, Sign up Sandy teams! Good luck
  19. Anytime on the invite. Goin in the a.m.? Again, if ya wanna ride, we're leaving at around 530am. If you go, give me a call. Good luck
  20. That must be better than talking about bodily functions right? :shock:
  21. Keith, if you need a ride for one or both days this weekend, your more than welcome. Let me know or just show up at the boat by 5:30am.
  22. Sweet! Give me a shout Sat. or vise-versa.
  23. Gill-T, on the left side of your screen, it's a link under tournaments. Orleans county rotary derby
×
×
  • Create New...