-
Posts
13,929 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Sk8man
-
Triple shot seems the most versatile for the fishing you do.
-
Just a suggestion, but you may want to include information about the kicker (e.g. long shaft or extra long etc), how you intend to steer it, and maybe a pic of the transom if you have it.
-
Tilex and or Tuff Stuff and a scrub brush
-
Just a thought Mike, but if your unit supports software updates you may want to check the Garmin website for any possible update and install it. Sometimes some units need to be set back to the factory default condition first and then install updates to get rid of potential glitches.That way if you know the unit is up to date etc. it may be hardware (e.g. possibly transducer or its location etc.) related if still doing the same thing and if not you're home free.
-
-
GPS speed is calculated as "speed over ground" which means it is the speed of the boat moving over the lake bottom. You mentioned that you wanted something accurate for trolling. Although the GPS speed is better than nothing, it tells you little about what is going on BELOW while trolling. You didn't mention anything about price so the suggestion of the Fishhawk X4D is based on the question you asked.
-
Fishawk X4D. trolling speed at both the boat and downrigger weight and also water temperature at both surface and at weight (at probe and all information transsmitted wirelessly. You can also use an Android phone as an additional display.
-
-
-
Wellesley Island NY area- Rudest boaters in the USA
Sk8man replied to BP Swing's topic in Open Lake Discussion
I feel for ya BP, and the situation is not limited that that particular area either; or to one generation or another. I've had perch guys on Canandaigua, Seneca, and Keuka do about the same thing, and some of it was on purpose as they were experienced older fishermen and certainly know better. The bottom line here is that our culture has changed greatly over the years, and many people now display a lack of courtesy in many different ways; and sport fishermen or recreational boaters are no different. There are always some people that don't seem to absorb or integrate basic courtesy, shared values, rules of the road, or patience for that matter. As a culture we often seem to be pretty selfish, self-absorbed, and in many cases downright rude. Just travel out of the country sometime and observe some Americans interacting with different citizens speaking different languages, and notice that they expect those people to all speak English, and adapt to our language and customs while in their own country. We are a great nation with many generous, caring people, but not everyone of our citizens fits that model. Some display poor manners, a lack of respect for others, and I'm sure their report cards said "Doesn't play well with others" -
Keuka Sunday 23rd - question for trollers
Sk8man replied to Lively1's topic in Finger Lakes Discussion
I can attest to the fact that they work. I have fished with him using those boards, and they are brute double boards. After watching him repeatedly, I have yet to fully figure out his deployment and retrieval technique. It is very different than mine or anyone else that I know (or have known) and I've run them for about 50 years. I can understand why he isn't trying to explain it here.It is truly sweet to watch in action though. I'll run (4) 5 leader rigs at a time,but I won't be trying Jason's method anytime soon despite its high degree of effectiveness...something about an old dog and new tricks....I've gotten into enough rig messes over the years to know when to play it safe and go with the familiar. I can say that you probably won't be able to find boards that pull weight the way his do; including Amish boards. -
Point Breeze 9/20
Sk8man replied to skipper19's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
-
Point Breeze 9/20
Sk8man replied to skipper19's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
-
http://stores.tunasreeltroubles.com/
-
-
-
Welcome to the Hotel California
-
I know the guy is just trolling for responses and reactions but maybe he/she should ask themselves did they belong here in the first place with that attitude?
-
They are half dead when you hook them or at least the process has started. It is a major reason I stop fishing them after they start to blacken up...I figure let them spawn in peace but I know that isn't a very popular view for many folks especially the people looking for egg sack material..
-
fishinfreak - I know the above information is well intended and possibly usable but you may find what I did after using the EZ steer that it may not be really necessary in all cases. I used mine for several years and it was a pain in the butt sometimes; especially if you need to release the tie arm while out on the water. Just one more thing to dick around with and a couple hundred bucks that may not be necessary to spend. If you find you actually do need it...fine.... but I think a lot of folks make the assumption that it is absolutely necessasy in all cases without experimenting first.
-
Cayuga Barney and Bears Fall Derby Final results
Sk8man replied to 58Johnson's topic in Finger Lakes Discussion
-
Way too much bait on Cayuga right now and the fish are very well fed from the looks of them. We had a rainbow the other day that had the shape of a brown
-
Cayuga Barney and Bears Fall Derby Final results
Sk8man replied to 58Johnson's topic in Finger Lakes Discussion
-





